Last Dance question for Cure fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Layton

War Child
Question is:

Is Last Dance better than most Cure songs or,
Is Last Dance worse than most Cure songs?

To me, this is tough. Last Dance isn't much of a song per se, but I'm a big fan of the Distintegration aesthetic of brooding basslines and dark night sky guitar work. Since Last Dance articulates that aesthetic so well, I'll say that Last Dance is better than most Cure songs.

:eyebrow: What are you trying to get at here? I think it's a pretty good song but it's not as good as some other stuff. It's probably somewhere in the middle for me... it's hard to take anything from Disintegration out and compare it to other songs, I think.

alia612 said:
:eyebrow: What are you trying to get at here? I think it's a pretty good song but it's not as good as some other stuff. It's probably somewhere in the middle for me... it's hard to take anything from Disintegration out and compare it to other songs, I think.

Not really trying to get at anything. Just trying to get Cure fans talking. I guess it's kind of a ranking game without actually having to rank all the songs in the Cure's catalog. In other words, does Last Dance rank above or below the 50th percentile of Cure songs?

Oh OK then. In that case I'd put it (slightly) above the 50th percentile... but I wouldn't say it's better than MOST Cure songs.

I think Distintegration era was the best, I don't think they've quite kept up with that level of perfection since then but still like a lot of post Distintegration stuff just not full albums.

alia612 said:
Oh OK then. In that case I'd put it (slightly) above the 50th percentile... but I wouldn't say it's better than MOST Cure songs.

I agree with this statement.

I personally think last dance is the best cure song out there, although letters to elise gives it a run for its money, the lyrics are so beautiful as well, my fav line being "The blindness of happiness."

Anyway, its quite the song.

It's a good song. Not my favorite Cure song, but a good song nevertheless.

:up:

I don't like Last Dance that much.
I think it kills the otherwise perfect flow of Disintegration.

Last dance is a great song...when I felt depressed(or at least thought I did:wink: ) I listened to the Cure a lot and I always loved this song...the sentence"a woman now standing where once there was only a girl"makes me so sad(even today)..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom