Lara, Victoria Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Let's see. Wedding ceremony at 3, planned to finish at about 4.30, so I should be able to be at your place by say 5.30 or 6 onwards.

Sweet, I'll see what works with the others. Alison will probably be over earlier ... I plan on going on a gelati run with her. You know that AMAZING place on Lygon St? They sell tubs of the stuff! That's what I'm getting.

earlier is easier for me, gotta be back i G town at a reasonable hour!

Daniel probably has to get back to Shepp too ... this could be awkward to co-ordinate! But we'll see how we can make it work.

Why haven't we listened to Doin Thangs yet?

You could have a day long party Ax! Nah, I'm up for whenever.

I'm all for day-long parties! Just as long as it overlaps enough for you and U-Wen to finally meet. :laugh:

And disrespect to sleep, Charlotte. G'night! :wave:

Doin Thangs, Cinner. Doin Thangs.

doin%20thangs.jpg

Is that bear on the left drinking brandy? I totally reckon it's drinking brandy.

There's a placeholderfuckbandwidth image?

Goddamn, it's showing ME Doin Thangs!

I want to see this placeholderfuckbandwidth image.

That DOES sound better than Doin Thangs. My work here is done!

G'night Cin. :wave:

Oh, now I see it! Thank you for finally getting with the programme, Intarwebz/cache.

Yeah, that's better than Doin Thangs, somehow.

Yeah, I think I'm off too... considering I only had about 6 hours of interrupted sleep last night (don't you just LOVE flying?! :happy: )

Bye all! :wave:

i can understand why so many learned americans don't want coverage of international events if the cbs coverage of the earthquake in port-au-prince is anything to go by. it's not so much bad as just really annoying.

G'night U-Wen. :wave:

i can understand why so many learned americans don't want coverage of international events if the cbs coverage of the earthquake in port-au-prince is anything to go by. it's not so much bad as just really annoying.

Judging by my experience with US news networks back in 2005, I can easily understand why people don't watch them at all. It didn't matter what they were reporting, it wasn't so much bad as just really annoying.

Though the coverage of some "runaway" bride from Georgia made me want to put a fist through every TV within a 100km radius.

Judging by my experience with US news networks back in 2005, I can easily understand why people don't watch them at all. It didn't matter what they were reporting, it wasn't so much bad as just really annoying.

generally it's okay, but how many times do you need to ask different interview subjects how you felt when the earthquake was hitting? it's an alright start to an interview, but you kind of need to move on from there.

generally it's okay, but how many times do you need to ask different interview subjects how you felt when the earthquake was hitting? it's an alright start to an interview, but you kind of need to move on from there.

Maybe I hit US news networks at a particularly bad time, but holy SHIT, they were making some serious glue out of beating those dead horses. I spent a day watching little else in Boston when the weather was too shit to really want to leave the hotel, and I'm pretty sure they ran two stories in that entire time - the runaway bride and "HEY LOOK AT THIS NASTY WEATHER WE GOT HERE!!!"

I also had the lamest pizza I've had in my life that night. Not bad, just ... lame.

Maybe I hit US news networks at a particularly bad time, but holy SHIT, they were making some serious glue out of beating those dead horses. I spent a day watching little else in Boston when the weather was too shit to really want to leave the hotel, and I'm pretty sure they ran two stories in that entire time - the runaway bride and "HEY LOOK AT THIS NASTY WEATHER WE GOT HERE!!!"
sadly, that's pretty much how the news is when there's any huge story. they turn into fucking psychologists wanting to know how everything made them feel. who fucking cares!

oh, and i hated that runaway bride story. she was fugly and i don't give a shit about her or the guy she jilted.

and finally, the morning news here only talked about the weather the day this "huge" snowstorm hit. i'm serious, nothing but weather. aside from that, i can tolerate the local news much better than national shit. the local news still covered the earthquake, but since they were fitting more shit into the timeslot, there was no time to ask any of those dumb questions.

sadly, that's pretty much how the news is when there's any huge story. they turn into fucking psychologists wanting to know how everything made them feel. who fucking cares!

oh, and i hated that runaway bride story. she was fugly and i don't give a shit about her or the guy she jilted.

and finally, the morning news here only talked about the weather the day this "huge" snowstorm hit. i'm serious, nothing but weather. aside from that, i can tolerate the local news much better than national shit. the local news still covered the earthquake, but since they were fitting more shit into the timeslot, there was no time to ask any of those dumb questions.

Honestly, I'm not sure the commercial Aussie networks are that different, it's just at least they aren't fucking 24/7.

The "runaway" bride story was so indescribably stupid. How was it news?! Let alone non-stop every-fucking-angle-possible-and-then-some news? The mind boggles. I can't fathom anybody giving two hoots.

I just couldn't win on this particular day in Boston though. The national networks seemed to be 70/30 split between runaway bride and batshit New England weather, while the local networks were 30/70 split between runaway bride and batshit New England weather! I think I ended up reading some book on a 1930s famine in the USSR instead.

Back
Top Bottom