lala.com - trade your old CDs for a buck!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
www.lala.com

So far, all I've received is Beck's 'Sea Change', but that's because I haven't shipped any CDs out.

But this is an excellent service. Basically it's trading CDs for 1 dollar a piece. Get rid of the CDs you don't want anymore, get the ones you do want. It's that simple, and it actually works well. My dad just shipped five CDs out himself and has a few on their way to him.

If you look through the website and decide you want to be a part of it, PLEASE let me refer you. I get a free t-shirt if you say I referred you :wink:

You'd have to post your email and let me send you the referral to be referred.

But seeing as how there is a complete lack of interest in this, it's not gonna happen anyway. The t-shirt was secondary; I just thought more people would be really keen on this.

Because you get a CD that you want for it.

Old CD you no longer want and one dollar for a CD that you actually want.

Better than a used CD store.

elevation2u said:
The thing is I like all the cds I own .. and while there's many cds out there I would love to have...I'm not gonna sacrifice the ones I have for them.
That's the problem I would have with using it too.

Just sent out a Postal Service EP, a Genesis record, and the copy of Sea Change I spoke of earlier, cause I found my lost one under my bed. :wink:

:dancing:

elevation2u said:
The thing is I like all the cds I own .. and while there's many cds out there I would love to have...I'm not gonna sacrifice the ones I have for them.

I know. I can't part with any of my CDs, no matter what they are. I never know when I'll get the urge to listen to Color Me Badd.

I don't necessarily like getting rid of any of my CDs, but if I can get, say, a Wilco record I didn't have for an Postal Service EP that I never listen to, I think I'm making the right choice.

Not to slag off the Postal Service. I just don't listen to three song EPs very much. I've still got all the CDs I trade on my laptop, but it's just CDs I'll never listen to in the car that I'm getting rid of.

I joined before I knew about your invite offer (sorry inmyplace), and I just got my envelopes and am about to send some out. The problem is, once I listen to those CDs I haven't listened to in forever just to make sure they don't skip, I'm finding I kind of want to keep them after all. :|

It's worth it, shadesy, it's worth it.

Just sent out Audioslave's shit second record and an old Something Corporate CD from my days as a teenybopper for MMJ's "It Still Moves" and Wilco's "Summerteeth."

Can you really trade in an EP for an LP? Seems like cheating the system.

If someone wants an EP, that's their deal. I'm giving someone something they want, and in return I'm getting something I want. Nothing unfair about it.

lala is a pretty cool service. But it has some drawbacks.

Once in a while you'll request a cd and it won't come with the cd case back cover art. Lala only expects the front booklet to be sent to be considered a cd 'with cover art'. Most people send the spine art, but some don't.

And cd's packaged in digipaks won't fit in the lala envelopes so shippers end up shipping the cd only. Kind of a bummer for those who want the cds complete with cover art.

Unfortunately when this happens, I throw the cds back into the trading pool. They should give you an option to accept or decline a trade for cds that don't include the cover art.

The OOTS said:

Unfortunately when this happens, I throw the cds back into the trading pool. They should give you an option to accept or decline a trade for cds that don't include the cover art.

I trade mine back out if they don't come with the full package, but you can set it to where you only receive CDs with art. No promises on tray inserts, but 90% of the time it's included.

Go to your Account Settings, and near the bottom under the nickname portion, you can click "Send me CDs only if they include the front booklet cover art."

Thanks for the info. I've changed my settings.

IMP, do you happen to know if cds in digipak packaging are automatically considered 'without art'? I'm guessing that they are since they don't fit in the space challenged envelopes.

X&Y is in relatively high demand. It's always shippable for me. I'd check about the Klingon deal but my shipping is on freeze since I have so many discs in transit right now.

lala haul update:

Sent out:

Smashing Pumpkins - Greatest Hits
Something Corporate - North
Brand New - Deja Entendu
blink 182 - Mark Tom and Travis Show
DMB - Live at Red Rocks
Dashboard Confessional - Unplugged
Nirvana - Nevermind

Had sent to me:

Robert Plant & The Strange Sensation - Mighty Rearranger
Ryan Adams - Gold
Wilco - AM
The Killers - Hot Fuss (to see if I like any other song besides All These Things That I've Done)
Beck - Odelay

With two more as-yet-undecided CDs to be sent soon.

Back
Top Bottom