Kyzyl Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's probably the most viable solution to keep Labour in power in New Zealand: RESURRECT JULIUS VOGEL.

Axver said:

I suppose it's part of the natural ebb and flow of politics. Is there anybody waiting in the wings to take over from Helen and lead Labour? I haven't kept up with things too well. All I know is that we're fucked if we get the Nationals in power.

I can't think of anybody who would be perceived as an improvement (or for that matter, an actual improvement) on Helen.

Fuck, i'm really not looking forward to this election.

coolian2 said:
At least Australia is safe, leaderwise right now.
Which is funny, because Australia (despite their excellent electoral choice) means bugger all for the rest of the world, beyond Kyoto.

On the other hand, a bunch of union workers and Texans may have just given a warhawk the US Presidency. 100 years in Iraq and the Middle East!!! :dance:

US politics is an enigma wrapped inside a riddle wrapped inside a Hostess Twinkie.

coolian2 said:

I can't think of anybody who would be perceived as an improvement (or for that matter, an actual improvement) on Helen.

Fuck, i'm really not looking forward to this election.

Oh fuck.

I hope my father forgets to vote. He's a National. I'll have to make sure my mother's still on the Kiwi electoral role. She'll vote Labour or Green. My Nan and I both still vote in New Zealand and neither of us would dream of voting National.

Proof of just how left New Zealand is, though, is that my father is a National voter but would still be considered a liberal in the US and he wants Obama to win.

hardyharhar said:
But it is very democratic of you to share :wink:

there was a very funny website circulating in sept-oct 04 that was a pledge not to sleep with anyone for 4 years who didn't vote in 2004, the next level was not to sleep with anyone who voted for bush. i didn't actually make the pledge but i guess i'd have broken the second level of it. i do kinda feel bad, but honestly, i'm at a point where i just want to see someone casually before graduation, so the fact that i could never get emotionally attached to him because of this is actually very helpful.

Varitek said:
my god where did everyone go?

Well, I've done the dishes now, but I'm now cooking dinner.

Arse-backwards, I know, but I had some stuff left from earlier that needed to be washed before I cooked dinner.

That's funny. I'm just kidding with ya, anyhow. Your young & shouldn't be as cynical as I am. :)

Besides, maybe you can get him to switch sides :hmm: :lol:

hardyharhar said:
That's funny. I'm just kidding with ya, anyhow. Your young & shouldn't be as cynical as I am. :)

Besides, maybe you can get him to switch sides :hmm: :lol:

i know you were kidding, but hey, it hit home, as it should, and i'm justifying to myself.

and unlikely. :lol:

Wow, Tony Blair just appeared on SBS News and it looks like he's aged ten years since I saw him last.

omg there is a huge wasp in my room. wtf, my window's not even open. i'm gonna go shower and leave my door open, maybe it will leave.

btw watching cnn's clippings of hillary's speech i've decided she's definitely been botoxed, and had her cheeks injected with sillicone

Herb and garlic sausages are made of so much SuperWin. :drool:

Folks, in an hour, make sure I go watch Spicks & Specks and do my ironing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom