Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein, Vaduz, Liechtenstein Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Kheen. I'm actually thinking about e-mailing her, just to see how she's going, because even after everything, she was a big part of my life for four or five years, my best friend for most of that time, and I'd simply like to know she's OK and has gotten on with life well. But I'm not 100% sure on that being a good idea.

I'm not 100% up on the situation, but from past experiences I would say that wouldn't be the greatest of ideas. Even though she was a big part of your life, that part came to a close, and it would probably make it easier to move on if you weren't in contact with her. But like I said, I don't know the whole story :shrug:

Thanks Kheen. I'm actually thinking about e-mailing her, just to see how she's going, because even after everything, she was a big part of my life for four or five years, my best friend for most of that time, and I'd simply like to know she's OK and has gotten on with life well. But I'm not 100% sure on that being a good idea.

For what it's worth, talking to my ex has backfired every time I've tried. But then, I think Laura still hates me, so maybe I'm not the best barometer.

:hug: Go for it if you're sure. If your guts say it's the right thing to do. My guts have shit for brains, I no longer trust them.

yeah, i know what you mean. given how long it's been, hopefully she'd be receptive to you contacting her if you were to shoot her an e-mail.

yeah, i know! :reject:

i was going pretty fast though. though it's a good thing i'd slowed down a bit before i got tagged.

the most unfortunate part was that at the same time as we saw the cop/he saw us, i was just taking a breath to say it might be best to keep the speed a bit lower than what you were doing.

although if i'd been driving i'd have done the same thing as you, lol.

I'm figuring Kate probably doesn't hate me. She saw absolutely no dilemma or problem with us staying in contact; I was the one who broke all that off. I must admit I was surprised she didn't contact me in the initial couple of months - though she kept me friended on LJ for ages.

the most unfortunate part was that at the same time as we saw the cop/he saw us, i was just taking a breath to say it might be best to keep the speed a bit lower than what you were doing.

although if i'd been driving i'd have done the same thing as you, lol.
lol, yeah. though to be fair i'd just had that "maybe you should slow the fuck down" moments and ignored it, cuz i wanted to pass everyone. that's what happens every damn time i get pulled over!

:swoon: stupid fuckers "oh hay it's 70 i'll just sit in the left lane doing 68!"

now, you know that's not exactly how it happened.
that's how it does in my mind.

in my mind, i've never had anything bad happen to me. like at school...i didn't fail classes, i stopped attending and the professors got on their hands and knees and begged and pleaded for me to come back to class. that i was the only reason they still taught.

i can't recommend contacting her, tbh ax.

if you do, good luck. but...i wouldn't do it.

don't take my advice, of course. do what you think is best.

See, I feel a bit dodgy about just randomly looking up her LJ or whatever. That feels stalkery. If I'm going to find out how she's doing, if she's well, I think I might as well talk to her directly. I shouldn't still care, I suppose, but hell, I still care about how friends I used to have in New Zealand are doing and I wish I could find contact details for them. They may not even remember me!

My original plan last year was actually to e-mail Kate after a few weeks and say "hey, let's sit down and talk about things rather than burning every bridge", but ... I just kept putting it off for various reasons and now here I am.

ok, i'm really liking crazy tonight.

I'm stunned how much it's grown on me. I'm still ranking it eighth, but that's just because the album has seven other really bloody strong tracks. It's not a bad eighth like ... ABOY holding eighth on HTDAAB would be. ABOY's only so high in my HTDAAB ratings because SYCMIOYO, OOTS, and Yahweh are even worse!

that's how it does in my mind.

in my mind, i've never had anything bad happen to me. like at school...i didn't fail classes, i stopped attending and the professors got on their hands and knees and begged and pleaded for me to come back to class. that i was the only reason they still taught.

haha. good call.

have you tried following it up wif twilight twilight twilight yet?

not yet....crazy tonight still brings back good memories, why ruin it this quickly?

I'm stunned how much it's grown on me. I'm still ranking it eighth, but that's just because the album has seven other really bloody strong tracks. It's not a bad eighth like ... ABOY holding eighth on HTDAAB would be. ABOY's only so high in my HTDAAB ratings because SYCMIOYO, OOTS, and Yahweh are even worse!

i also really, really like stand up comedy, but it's down the list as well because it's such a top heavy list.

Here's a fun comparison! NLOTH/HTDAAB ratings side by side!

1. Fez-Being Born
2. White As Snow
3. Magnificent
4. Cedars Of Lebanon
5. Unknown Caller
6. Moment Of Surrender
7. No Line On The Horizon / 1. City Of Blinding Lights
8. Crazy Tonight / 2. One Step Closer
...................... / 3. Crumbs From Your Table
9. Breathe
10. Stand Up Comedy / 4. Love And Peace Or Else
............................ / 5. A Man And A Woman
............................ / 6. Miracle Drug
11. Get On Your Boots / 7. Vertigo
.............................. / 8. All Because Of You
.............................. / 9,000,000-11,000,000. SYCMIOYO, OOTS, Yahweh

i also really, really like stand up comedy, but it's down the list as well because it's such a top heavy list.

Comedy's last third is awesome. The first two thirds have grown on me a little, perhaps just because the pay-off from the last third is worth it.

Hey, by the way, Ian, where are you at the moment?

Not ... Atlanta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom