kosher...ice cream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know, but I always wondered that.

I remember eating at the best kosher deli and loving both their corned beef sandwiches and their cheese cake. But it's been so long that I don't remember if they would serve the cheesecake after you had the sandwich, or if you had to buy it to go.

I do remember one time going there and one person ordered a cheese sandwich and the other ordered corned beef. The waitress told us we couldn't combine the two and eat it there, we would have to leave if we wanted to do that. Actually one person did want cheese and one wanted corned beef.

I've never heard of such a thing... And I'm from Los Angeles. Kosher deli on Fairfax Ave. (Canters). They'll serve you whatever you want however you want. Been in business for decades and decades...

milk is 30mins..do i class it as the same thing..
sinse eating kosher ive waited 30mins till eating icecream..but wernt sure if i had to..
there the same arnt they :(

Lila64 said:
I've never heard of such a thing... And I'm from Los Angeles. Kosher deli on Fairfax Ave. (Canters). They'll serve you whatever you want however you want. Been in business for decades and decades...

I was there last year when I visted some family in L A!

It's "kosher style" meaning it's really not 100% kosher but you can get some kosher items on the menu. Anytime they mix meat and dairy it's no longer kosher. A lot of deli's are like this. We have one in St Paul that my family likes that is the same way. You can get 100% kosher items or your typical traditional foods or you can get a completely non-kosher meat/dairy meal. I don't think I've ever been to an actual all kosher deli. But I don't eat meat so I hate going into deli's and rarely go into them. :yuck:

As for eating ice cream after a meat meal I'm not really sure. I think it's about 3-4 hours.

Small world that you ended up at Canters when you were in Los Angeles - how did that happen? What else did you do there (I know, offtopic. Shoot me)

Lila64 said:
Small world that you ended up at Canters when you were in Los Angeles - how did that happen? What else did you do there (I know, offtopic. Shoot me)

I'm always off topic...

My cousins husband grew up in the neighborhood and said we should go....so we did! They live in Minnesota by us now and he always talks about the area he grew up in.

We have relatives in Torrance and my cousin got married so my entire family from the Twin Cities went to LA and Vegas for a week. We had wedding stuff for 2 days, then Vegas for 3 days, then back to Torrance for a few more days. Went to Hollywood, Malibu, Venice Beach....probably a few more places. It was a busy week and a ton of people. I've actually been to LA tons so I wasn't too thrilled with the whole Hollywood idea but otherwise it was fun. :D

The hightlight was actually the drive from LA to Vegas. Beautiful! My sister and I drove in a car together with the Joshua Tree blasting the entire time. It was our first time in the desert and we were both was just in awe the whole time. We don't have stuff like that in Minnesota! :tsk: Only forrests and lots of lakes so it was a little culture shock for both of us. I've since been to the desert 2 (Joshua Tree park to be exact :sexywink: )more times since last summer. I :heart: it there :drool:

The length of time before eating dairy after meat varies depending on how orthodox the community is. Some orthodox comunities wait one hour, some wait longer. Many Kosher households don't have a set time, they just use seperate dishes for dairy.

Back
Top Bottom