Knocked Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Westport

Refugee
Saw this film last night. Judd Apatow has made one of the funniest films in a long time. Biggest comedy of the summer.

katherine20heigl8ev.jpg

should do pretty good box office

every average joe wants to believe he has a shot to hook up with katherine h.

corianderstem said:
I can't wait to see this - Judd Apatow can do no wrong. :up:

:up:

One movie Judd Apatow-related everyone needs to see:

Heavyweights.

I cannot wait to see this movie.

Do it to it, Lars.

(And I am really looking forward to Knocked Up.)

All you need is Mother Earth, Father Sky, and your dear old Uncle Tony.

deep said:
katherine20heigl8ev.jpg

should do pretty good box office

every average joe wants to believe he has a shot to hook up with katherine h.

not half as hot as queen bee, though.

the trailers look so stupid. there was a free screening at my school a few weeks ago. i didn't go, but my close friend did. he told me he had to walk out after 15 minutes.

Carek1230 said:
I Can't imagine how they could make a decent entertaining movie with a title like that.

Did you see The 40-Year-Old Virgin? If you found it funny, you'd likely like this. If you didn't, stay away.

Judd Apatow has done some really great, funny stuff. Freaks and Geeks was one of the best shows to ever get prematurely cancelled.

Good film but I'm a little hesisant to take my teenager to it...at heart it's a romantic comedy and it'll be widely discussed for a couple of reasons that I won't spoil. It's different in that the decisions made in the movie are pro-life and then you have a group of characters that are very pro-pot and getting high. It's a combination that hasn't been explored a lot on film.

--

A cool thing happened at the premiere. Judd Apatow stood up at the front of the theatre with a mike to introduce the film and say a few words, thanking the cast, crew, his wife.... He then announced that before the start of the movie his nephew had something he wanted to say to his girlfriend and asked if they could both come down to the front of the theatre. So they came down and were standing there looking shy and out of place. Judd then asks, "Mr. Jack Black, I believe you're in the house, could you come down here for a second?" So Jack Black gets out of his seat and walks to the front of the stage and Judd Apatow whispers Jack's ear and hands him a piece of paper and the mike. Judd Apatow has the nephew get down on his knees and Jack Black reads from the paper what the nephew wants to say to the girl, "Mindy, I think you're wonderful, beautiful, the moment I met you.... and out of everyone else on this planet that we both walk on, I want to spend the rest of my life with you....will you marry me?" The nephew then pulls a ring out of his pocket and puts the ring on her finger and Judd whispers in Jack's ear and then Jack sings in a very falsetto voice, that Journey song, "Don't Stop Believing....hold onto that feeeeling...". Applause.

And then they started the film.

A couple of my friends and I are going tonight:hyper: All the user reviews I've read on Yahoo! so far have been extremely positive except for one. I've seen a lot of people say it's one of the funniest movies they've seen in a long time.

I just got back. Wow! That was one of the most hilarious movies I've seen since God knows when. I laughed non-stop almost for almost 2 hours. It's brilliant.:lmao:

Don't take your young kids though.:shifty:

corianderstem said:
Judd Apatow has done some really great, funny stuff. Freaks and Geeks was one of the best shows to ever get prematurely cancelled.

Seth Rogen was the best on that show too. Well, he and Martin Starr aka Bill.

Very funny (my favorite was the woman in the meetings with her at E) and really sweet and touching. I admit, I shed a few tears :wink: If only a real situation like that could work out that way-maybe sometimes.

Yes I would say it's not for anyone under 18, just my personal taste. It's very graphic and raunchy.

Freaks and Geeks was awesome

MrsSpringsteen said:
Very funny (my favorite was the woman in the meetings with her at E) and really sweet and touching. I admit, I shed a few tears :wink: If only a real situation like that could work out that way-maybe sometimes.

Yes I would say it's not for anyone under 18, just my personal taste. It's very graphic and raunchy.

Freaks and Geeks was awesome

I definitely almost :sad: a few times too. It really had a heart behind that humor. I love the woman in the E! meetings (That's Kristen Wiig, she's been an SNL regular for about 2 years now. She and Andy Samberg have really been carrying that show lately:| ) My favorite scene was SPOILER!!!! Ben and Pete going on about the hotel room chairs in Vegas after the mushrooms. I was pratically crying then from laughing so hard. I can't wait for this DVD!

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:
Oh I didn't even recognize her, I never watch SNL anymore. She was hilarious.

She was! I've really loved her on SNL too. Another fav. for me was Jody. "Hey you wanna trade boyfriends Heh-heh" :lmao: She really added a lot to her scenes. I wonder who that was.

It was fantastic and exceeded my lofty expectations. The audience didn't appreciate it as much as my friend and I did. At times when we laughed, no one else in the theatre did. When they actually did laugh, we were laughing harder. I don't get it.

It's probably my favorite film of the year, considering Children Of Men is more of a 2006 release despite the fact that I saw it this year.

Go see it. It's great. I'm not going to drop quotes in this thread until more of you guys see it.

:up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom