Kings of Leon.... anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These guys are amazing.

Neighbors, too.

Seeing them tomorrow in Asheville.

Check this out from a recent interview:

One of the things you guys have done over the last year is open for U2. How was that experience? How did it affect the band?

Matt
Caleb: Going out with U2 really opened our eyes. Hearing their songs - song after song after song after song – and seeing them play every night in these huge arenas, it was just amazing that every one of the songs sounds so good. We wanted to make a record where it would come across playing in arenas that big. That was one of our goals for this record, to make a big sounding record that would sound good in a club in front of 200 people or in Madison Square Garden.

Nathan: U2 was a very big part of our headspace going into this [new] album. That tour is where we tapped into some of the layered sounds and effects. They opened our eyes to new guitar sounds and vocal effects. They were definitely very influential, not only musically but they kind of mentored us. Touring with them was great.

Caleb: By the end of the tour, we all had our own U2 nicknames. Matt's nickname is now "The Curve." Nathan had a beard so we called him "Hairy Mullin Junior." Jared was "Jaydam Clayton." And I was "Wino."

Good ole American band.

"True Love Way" is the shit.

Left shit, right shit, top shit, bottom shit, front shit, back shit, and every angle in between.

The rocking shit.

KOL was the best opening act I saw on the last tour. Then again, I've been a fan since their EP came out back in '03. Anybody who wants to bitch about them should just listen to how much their sound evolves between albums. It's been incredible to watch them progress.

I was really disappointed in the way fans treated them. It's fine not to like a band, but so many people around me were so rude, and comments I've read here and elsewhere have been equally rude. I think what hurt them is that at that time, their sound was much different from U2's, and since the house sound was dialed in for U2, it probably wasn't the optimal settings for them.

I was on the side of GA the night I saw them, and Caleb passed by not long before U2 went on. I didn't get to talk to him, but we made eye contact and I gave him a thumb's up and said "You guys were really good" and he smiled. I figured after all the boos and people not paying any attention, that's the least he deserved.

Strange how america's best and most on form band right now isn't really recognised there yet here in the UK they've sold out an arena tour in a matter of hours.

I can definitely hear U2's influence in "knocked up" and "arizona".

this band are without doubt the best band in the world at the current time

ehhhh...I don't think I'd go quite that far. They're quite good and they keep getting better. I think they're one of the best up-and-coming bands, but they're not the best.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
ehhhh...I don't think I'd go quite that far. They're quite good and they keep getting better. I think they're one of the best up-and-coming bands, but they're not the best.

please name a band who are better than them at this current time?

The Flaming Lips
Wilco
Arcade Fire
Others Bands I Like
etc... etc...

I liked the song they played on Conan. :up:

I'd definitely say they're in my top five new(er) bands. They're certainly better than, say, the current version of Modest Mouse. I'm starting to like them as much as if not more than the Killers (more, really, I think). Wilco is far, far better. I think Ray LaMontagne should be getting much more attention than he is. Though I'd say Arcade Fire is a bit overhyped right now, the hype is based on the fact that they're damned talented.

Because Of the Times is one of my favorite albums so far this year, and I think it will make my year-end top five. It may even take the top spot, depending on how much more Wilco's latest grows on me.

That's strange--I believe they cancelled because they were also scheduled to play in Philadelphia last night (Thursday). I checked TM for tickets for that show Wednesday and there weren't any, otherwise I might've splurged at the last minute.

The Pixies double-booked on a night I was supposed to see them a few years ago, then cancelled the show I had tickets for (fifth row center) a few weeks before to play a show being recorded for a DVD. They still owe me a show! :banghead:

Back
Top Bottom