"Kill Bill"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw it - I know this was meant to be be one long movie, but he chopped it and Kill Bill 2 will be out in February. It ends pretty abruptly, I would rather have just sat thru it all. Uma Thurman kicks ass, you can tell she worked hard for this movie :up:

saw it friday night... will deffinetly see it again a couple of times before Part 2 comes out...

brilliantly bloody. if you have a big dislike of movies with a lot of blood and gore, DO NOT see this movie, because it's probably the bloodiest movie i've ever seen... but if that kinda stuff doesn't bother you... the choreography is amazing, the story is brilliant, the cinematography is oscar worthy... leaves you aching for part 2... can't wait for feb. 20th

Headache in a Suitcase said:
saw it friday night... will deffinetly see it again a couple of times before Part 2 comes out...

brilliantly bloody. if you have a big dislike of movies with a lot of blood and gore, DO NOT see this movie, because it's probably the bloodiest movie i've ever seen... but if that kinda stuff doesn't bother you... the choreography is amazing, the story is brilliant, the cinematography is oscar worthy... leaves you aching for part 2... can't wait for feb. 20th

I take it's a violent action movie?? I haven't seen it yet but if it is a violent action movie=win :wink: :yes:

:banghead: Great. I'd heard all the comments from the actors in the movie how gorey it was, but my uncle said it was cartoonishly gorey, so I didn't need to worry about it. Now I'm locked into going and I think I'm going to regret it. :| :yikes:

Is there any movie you can compare it to? I was told Gangs of New York was really gross and I wouldn't like it, but it was fine for me. :shrug:

The gore/violence/fighting is all in homage to anime films. It's not exactly realistic violence, but it's still somewhat disturbing.

Great movie none the less.

(Uma and Lucy Liu's Japanese was atrocious, which I'm sure the vast majority of you wont be bothered by)

My friend saw it and said the plot was week. I have no desire to see this movie. I have no love for a lot of gore. I'm sure the cinimatography is great but a lot of crap films have amazing shots....

I'm not sure if I'd ever have enough guts to call a Tarantino movie a 'crap film'.

PS - Dont believe everything you hear

u2popmofo said:
I'm not sure if I'd ever have enough guts to call a Tarantino movie a 'crap film'.

PS - Dont believe everything you hear

mofo... :up:
bullshit propoganda.... :down:

tarantino is a genius.

LOVED IT!!!! I will see it again with friends, because it was so much fun. The violence was ample, but most of it was done in a humorous way as to make it more entertaining. Uma was cool in her character. She's a bader ass than Jackie Brown and Jules combined.

Disappointment: David Carradine wasn't in the film. You hear his voice, but no scenes featuring Mr. Cain. I guess he appears in the second volume :sad:

there is more blood in this movie than, say, saving private ryan... but the blood and gore in saving private ryan looked like it could be real. the blood and gore in kill bill was very cartoonish, video gameish... if you can play some of the more violent video games, like the grand theft auto series for example, then you shouldn't have a problem with kill bill. there will be some squeemish scenes, but nothing that'll test your gag reflexes like the d-day scene in saving private ryan did.

nbcrusader said:
Is it a "must see on the big screen" type of movie?

I'd say 'yes'. It's bright and loud, works very well on the big screen. Unless you have a kick ass huge plasma tv and a $20K sound system, I'd see it on the big screen.

The anime part was great. I agree the film was a homage to anime, and especially after the anime part you noticed how much of it was filmed in the same style anime 'looks'. (I'm not a film student, hope you know what I mean). I guess I mean it looks like live action anime.

THE SOUNDTRACK IS GREAT.

I would have been happy to sit through another 90minutes or so, maybe with a quick break. It's a shame the next one is so far away.

Tarantino is in Australia at the moment and I listened to him talk about this movie on the radio...wish I could recall the way he described it, I know I thought "cool"/:lmao: at the time.....a kind of mish- mash of all the samuri and spaghetti western movies he saw and loved as a kid and a homage to powerful women. He used some very funny phrases. I listened to it on the car radio and didn't give it full attention.

Someone said to me just a few days ago I MUST watch "Jackie Brown" because

THE SOUNDTRACK IS GREAT.

OK then....

I remembered his comparison.........in case you are wondering

he likened the movie to putting all his memories of going to B-grade cinemas, into a goose press and out came this movie...the foie gras......

ewwwwwwwwww
:laugh:
he sounds like a very excitable boy:up:

yertle-the-turtle said:
might see it

might not

i'm broke as usual

Even then, I doubt singaporean censors will let you see it in its entirety.

Anyway, I just saw this film and much to my horror, enjoyed it : P . I am not fond of gore, either, but it was so hammed up, which made it humorous. My reaction to the film was mostly a primal one, like "I'm so glad I still have my limbs with me".

foray

Back
Top Bottom