Kid A unappreciation.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KidACover.gif
KidACover.gif

KidACover.gif
KidACover.gif

KidACover.gif
KidACover.gif

KidACover.gif
KidACover.gif

I'm Ready said:
I'm going to take a stand and say that Kid A is BETTER than the bends (ok computer is pure genius, and cannot be touched)

Sure Kid A has some clunkers, but as an album, it flows very well, and sounds brilliantly

part of being an artist is being able to reinvent oneself to regain artistic creativity and originality

Thom Yorke sure as hell isn't writing songs for the fans who only listen to "creep" and "paranoid android" on repeat, so he will write whatever he want, and his style will reflect that

Artists have the right to experiment, and if you give Kid A some ample listening time, you will find it is a spectacular album

you're making sense, lots of good points. and then....
you totally fucking lost me. thom yorke and the whole band should make whatever they want. and if kid A is it, then so be it. i'm not offended. i just don't like it.
trust me, buddy. i got my grubby little hands on kid A the moment it was released, and have given it plenty of listens. the verdict: i don't like it. and that's a fact. there are moments on it, and i'll take it WAY before the monstrosity that was amnesiac. but after ample listens, it just doesn't do for me what it does for you. and the clunkers are exactly what keep it from flowing. not a clunker on 'the bends' or 'ok computer'. and from your post, even you feel that there are more than 1 clunkers on kid A. how can an album with >1 clunker be better than an album with none.

thats unpossible.

MrBrau1 said:
This is an "unappreciation" thread.

You can start you're own "appreciation" thread.

But that would just be a spin-off thread and the mods would get all cranky. :yawn:

colourful%20bear.gif

The bends has plenty of clunkers "Bones", "Nice dream", and "sulk" Kid A just has "in limbo:wink:

Kid A flows better than most Radiohead albums

GibsonGirl said:

But that would just be a spin-off thread and the mods would get all cranky. :yawn:

colourful%20bear.gif

My thread is about disliking Kid A.

If reading it has has reignited your passion for liking Kid A, you should be able to start you're own appreciation thread.

xaviMF22 said:
The bends has plenty of clunkers "Bones", "Nice dream", and "sulk" Kid A just has "in limbo:wink:

In Limbo is a clunker? :sad: I couldn't imagine Kid A without it! The perfect companion for Optimistic.

MrBrau1 said:

My thread is about disliking Kid A.

If reading it has has reignited your passion for liking Kid A, you should be able to start you're own appreciation thread.

There are plenty of other people in this thread who are appreciating Kid A. Why don't you pick on them instead?

GibsonGirl said:

In Limbo is a clunker? :sad: I couldn't imagine Kid A without it! The perfect companion for Optimistic.

well its not the highest point in the album, but its still better than a lot of other Radiohead songs

xaviMF22 said:

again, we diverge. you just named 3 of my favorite songs on 'the bends'.
i'll respect your opinion. i don't put that much stock in 'flow'. what the fuck does that mean anyway. passengers 'flows' better than every u2 album. sure as shit ain't my favorite.
and i would argue that a major component of the 'flow' on kid A and amnesiac is a product of the technology and production, not superior songwriting. spiritualized do this all the time - where you have a constant synth note or tone playing through the whole record to tie things together ('electric mainline'). i love shit like that, don't get me wrong. but they didn't do that on ok computer or the bends, and i think that those albums fit together awfully well.

The only thing this forum likes more than Radiohead is bitching, and this thread proves that you can't combine the two with any success.

dudeman said:

really?
what songs are worst than that?:eyebrow:

just to name a few

POP is dead
Stop Whispering
Sulk
Bones
Lurgee
How do you do
Pull/Pulk Revolving Doors

Of course some people might like these songs, again this is all subjective, and just my opinion

Bullet proof and Nice Dream are some of my favorites off The Bends!!! :rant: Thank God Thom didn't listen to some of you!

:wink:

Kid A is great but The Bends is just awesome from start to finish! It may not have the greatest flow but it's got so many killer songs that defined mid 90s Brit rock for me... :drool: :drool: :drool:

MrBrau1 said:

:laugh: :sigh:

I like a good pop song just as much as the next person. Every now and then, it's also nice to be able to listen to something that doesn't follow the same old formula. It's obvious that you'll never change your opinion about Kid A, and I respect that. But now come on, you can't get snippy with people for disagreeing with you and praising the album. People disagree with virtually every appreciation/unappreciation thread on this site.

These threads are so pointless anyway.

dudeman said:

you're making sense, lots of good points. and then....
you totally fucking lost me. thom yorke and the whole band should make whatever they want. and if kid A is it, then so be it. i'm not offended. i just don't like it.
trust me, buddy. i got my grubby little hands on kid A the moment it was released, and have given it plenty of listens. the verdict: i don't like it. and that's a fact. there are moments on it, and i'll take it WAY before the monstrosity that was amnesiac. but after ample listens, it just doesn't do for me what it does for you. and the clunkers are exactly what keep it from flowing. not a clunker on 'the bends' or 'ok computer'. and from your post, even you feel that there are more than 1 clunkers on kid A. how can an album with >1 clunker be better than an album with none.

thats unpossible.

well, if you just don't like an album, then thats ok

just don't fault the band for the new direction they moved in

GibsonGirl said:

They shouldn't. Spin-off threads are only disallowed if the original thread has been closed.

after listening to kid a again, i can say quite comfortably that those who hate kid a are morons.

i think i have a source somewhere...though i can't find it. i'll use myself as a source if need be.

god, i love these threads!
and am happy to be a moron.
(pogos moronically to 'pablo honey' from beginning to end):wink:
glad everyone has been playing along (seriously, this is fun!).

it's hard to even bother to get upset over something like this. when you KNOW something is brilliant, and others are either taking the piss or simply of not the same understanding - so be it.

kid a is better than almost anything anyone else has ever come up with, at least in terms of modern music.

Kid A taught me guitars are overrated.

Don't get me wrong I like a nice three minute pop song as much as anyone else but, while not perhaps not at the level of Autechre or Aphex Twin to name but two I find Radiohead's pseudo-IDM quite pleasureable to listen to.

Zoomerang96 said:

kid a is better than almost anything anyone else has ever come up with, at least in terms of modern music.

:up:

Nothing else released from 2000 onwards can touch it. There are certain albums from the 90s that can, but even then, Kid A is better than much of the stuff released during that period. Yes, even OK Computer.

Back
Top Bottom