Kid A unappreciation.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrBrau1 said:

It's been dead in here this week.

We needed something to get the blood flowing.
quick!

someone post the masturbating smiley!

Zootlesque said:

See... saying 'the album sucks' or 'I hate this album' is very different from saying 'this could have been better!'. My threads do the latter.

I found this to be very humorous.:lol:

MrBrau1 said:

Using that thinking, I'd have called it Kid R. In honor of it's musically superior master: Kid Rock.

Anything recorded by Kid Rock, that's right, Kid Rock, is better than Kid A.

:lol:

Devil Without A Cause :rockon:

someone made me listen to Kid A back in 2000. The only song I knew at the time from radio Head was Creep.

For whatever reason, I could not get into the album. In fact I thought it was mindless noise.

I like ambient music. I like challenging music. I like computer programmed music.

But I do NOT like this album in the slightest.:shrug:

Obvously none of you are a lonly child in a world torn away by a nuclear holocost, leaving you and only you to rediscover music.

Because if you were....you would love it for what it is.

I swear to God, if I ever end up going to a Radiohead concert, I'm going to get tickets for front row center and yell "PLAY CREEP!!!1" at the top of my lungs the entire time, if only to drive all the 'hardcore' fans up the wall.

:wink:

Zootlesque said:

but they think you're craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyybe.

:drool:

I'm on your siiiiiiide, nowhere to hide

:love:

xaviMF22 said:
Kid A sucks!! its all about Hail to the thief :rockon: :rockon:

All hail to the thief, all hail to the theif, but I'm not. :madspit:

Actually, I don't mind HTTT. There are obviously some problems with it, but most of the songs are worthy of the :drool: smiley.

xaviMF22 said:
There There <-------------------------------------------------- I fucking love this song :rockon: :rockon:

It builds up superbly. :drool: Best song on the album. I just get the feeling, though, that those awesome drums should have been louder. They kind of get drowned out as the song progresses.

GibsonGirl said:

It builds up superbly. :drool: Best song on the album. I just get the feeling, though, that those awesome drums should have been louder. They kind of get drowned out as the song progresses.

Yea the drums should have been louder, but yea I agree best song on the album

GibsonGirl said:

agreed.
but i'd rather hear 'let down'.
actually, i really like that song 'sit down. stand up'. very eerie.
but the album just kind of drones on for me.
i'm going to listen to 'ripcord'.:ohmy:

dudeman said:

agreed.
but i'd rather hear 'let down'.
actually, i really like that song 'sit down. stand up'. very eerie.
but the album just kind of drones on for me.
i'm going to listen to 'ripcord'.:ohmy:

as much as I love let down, I prefer to listen to there there. Plus, there there live is ace, while let down is well a let down.....

I'm going to take a stand and say that Kid A is BETTER than the bends (ok computer is pure genius, and cannot be touched)

Sure Kid A has some clunkers, but as an album, it flows very well, and sounds brilliantly

part of being an artist is being able to reinvent oneself to regain artistic creativity and originality

Thom Yorke sure as hell isn't writing songs for the fans who only listen to "creep" and "paranoid android" on repeat, so he will write whatever he want, and his style will reflect that

Artists have the right to experiment, and if you give Kid A some ample listening time, you will find it is a spectacular album

I'm Ready said:
I'm going to take a stand and say that Kid A is BETTER than the bends (ok computer is pure genius, and cannot be touched)

Sure Kid A has some clunkers, but as an album, it flows very well, and sounds brilliantly

part of being an artist is being able to reinvent oneself to regain artistic creativity and originality

Thom Yorke sure as hell isn't writing songs for the fans who only listen to "creep" and "paranoid android" on repeat, so he will write whatever he want, and his style will reflect that

Artists have the right to experiment, and if you give Kid A some ample listening time, you will find it is a spectacular album

Very well said! :up:

[Red Wine and Sleeping Pills
Help me get back to your arms.
Cheap Sex and Sad Films
Help me get where I belong.]

I'm Ready said:

Good Call

The Bends is probably the one most over rated album I've ever listened to. It's still a good listen, and unquestionably influential, but it's not all that brilliant.

It could have been so much better if they left off songs like My Iron Lung and Bullet Proof and put on songs such as Lewis (Mistreated) and Punchdrunk.

In my opinion Kid A is a gorgeous 5 star album, while the Bends would be very lucky to reach 3 and a half stars.

Encounter.jpg

GibsonGirl said:

Poor child.

About to be assaulted by one of the worst records in the history of recorded music.

Come to think of it, is playing Kid A for children legally child abuse?

It should be.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom