Keyshawn Johnson

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2ME3

Refugee
He will be deactivated for the rest of the season and traded in the off season. Wow!

guess they won't be giving him the damn ball

i saw keyshawn at the garden oncee... usc was playing in the pre-season nit and he walked a few rows in front of our seats. i yelled at him "keyshawn... give me the damn ball." emphasis on the me... he smerked at me and walked away. i don't think he thought it was funny :shrug: what can i say, i'm immature.

the question i have is... umm... who cares? really... it seems like a big story... the media is treating it like it's a big story... but in reality, what in the blue hell has keyshawn johnson ever really done? is there a mover over-rated player in the NFL, or in sports in general for that matter? This man is heralded as a superstar when his career numbers show him to be nothing more than a good, servicable reciever. He's at least 10 or so recievers better than him, and another 20 or so who are at least as good as him. But he talks... and talks... and talks... and talks... aaaaaaaaand talks some more. So he has become this larger than life figure when the reality is he's never done shit. He has a super bowl ring, yes... but come on... did he really play a key part in the Buccs success? Juravicous was better last year than Keyshawn, and even he was just riding on the coat tails of their defense. Just my .02

Junior just celebrated well and got all the attention...if you watch closely, he gets abused on 8 of every 10 plays, has for his entire career.

As for Deion, he was an impact player who could change the course of a game, especially when returning punts. He couldn't (and wouldn't) tackle for shit, so I don't think he was a complete player by any means, but a player I would have jumped on in a second in his prime(time) if I were a GM, which was basically his Falcons days.

I wouldn't consider Deion most overrated. Maybe over-hyped by his own doing. He could cover though. But as Hewson said, couldn't tackle for shit. I'd still take him though.

How about Drew Bledsoe?

Joe Namath

Games_ Att.__ Comp.__Pct.__Yds. ___TD __Int. _Rating
140 __3,762 __1,886_ 50.1__27,663 __173_ 220_ 65.5

Chizip said:
Joe Namath

Games_ Att.__ Comp.__Pct.__Yds. ___TD __Int. _Rating
140 __3,762 __1,886_ 50.1__27,663 __173_ 220_ 65.5

I tend to agree with you but you forgot one key stat, 1 Super Bowl ring. That, in many eyes, takes him off the list.

trent dilfer has a super bowl ring as well

namath is almost legendary, just because of 1 prediction, when the truth is he wasn't that great of a qb

it's more than just his one super bowl ring... joe willy was considered to be one of the most talented quarterbacks of all time... but he had horrific knee problems that slowed his career and cut it short right in the prime of his career. if ya see video of him playing towards the end of his career, he could barely walk, let alone run. joe was also a larger than life icon... the first to wear white shoes... wore a mink coat on the sidelines... wore panty hoe's for commercials... :shifty::shrug: do his numbers make him one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time? certainly not... but he WAS the new york jets... if not for his performance in that one gauranteed win, the AFL-NFL merger might have eventually fallen apart. he legitimzed the AFL, legitimized the super bowl... he is broadway joe, and he is a legend, despite what the numbers might say. just my .02

right

so you pretty much just made a great argument for him being over rated as a player, as it was everything else besides his playing that led to icon status

he was great at everything else, but as a player wasn't that great. he was good, but not one of the greatest

Namath and Deion have a bit in common, their off field personas dwarfed their on field accomplishments, and both had some good on field accomplishments.

As for Drew Bledsoe...he had some very good years here in NE, but def. coordinators have figured out his weaknesses and he hasn't adapted (he needs to watch film of Disco Dan Marino and learn that little hop step in the pocket to avoid the pass rush), I wouldn't call him overrated, just deteriorating skills and results.

Overrated...how about Ryan Leaf??

I've met Keyshawn a number of times. Have a picture of Key with my wife and son. He also signed a couple of pictures and the Sports Illustrated issue when he was on the cover.

To his credit, he is very good with names and remembered my name when I last saw him.

Back
Top Bottom