Kevin Spacey is "finished with acting"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:sigh: i was waiting for him to say this...

I mean, after you make the movie you wanted to make since you were like five years old, where do you really go from there? (referring to Beyond the Sea, not Superman Returns). The last time I saw him on Conan, I knew that the KSpace movies were going to be few and far between. He loves the Old Vic too much, and I guess I'm just going to have to be content in the knowledge that at least HE'S happy. I'll just continue to wear out my copies of Swimming with Sharks and American Beauty, and pretty much every other movie he's in.

And I might be the only one who'll say so, but Glengarry Glenross wasn't THAT good...especially if you're watching it for Kevin. However I think I'm in the minority in that opinion.

U2democrat said:
Superman Returns was probably the most boring "action" movie ever...man it was awful :no:

I thought it was one of those unmemorable blockbusters that are OK while you watch them but leave no trace in your brain whatsoever. Even Kevin Spacey and Parker Posey couldn't save it from mediocrity, :down:

That movies reeks of "Wrath of Khan" territory. Singer already said he wanted to make Man of Steel a tighter, action-packed movie. Amazing parallels to Star Trek: The Motion Picture and Wrath of Khan.

I just hope Zod isn't the main villain, bring me some Braniac.

Saracene said:

I thought it was one of those unmemorable blockbusters that are OK while you watch them but leave no trace in your brain whatsoever.

:up: I couldn't have said it any better myself! :yes:

I'm so happy I'll get to see my Kevin again. But to be completely honest, I think I prefer Gene Hackman (another of my favorite actors) as Lex. Gene may not have gone as dark in his portrayal as Kevin, but there was a definite malevolence to Gene's take in addition to all the wonderful humor and fun he brought to the role.

Kevin is my acting god, but Gene is not exactly chum either.

Gene Hackman in The Conversation and Mississippi Burning :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom