Keep an eye on this...Coxon could rejoin Blur

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
http://www.gigwise.com/news.asp?contentid=24407

"Blur’s Alex James has revealed in an exclusive interview with Gigwise that Graham Coxon is set to rejoin the band for their new album.

The bassist has revealed that all three members of Blur are now talking to Coxon again, and are optimistic he could rejoin the band for recording next year.

James told us, “We’ve all been talking to each other recently and I chatted to Graham the other week. It seems everyone has kiss and made up now and there could be a happy ending.”

He adds, “We’re going back into the studio next year to record and obviously we all want Graham on board, but we will make a record with or without him, but we’re all friends now. It’s looking hopeful. Watch this space.”

Coxon left Blur in 2002 amid speculation of a fall out with school-friend Damon Albarn, but has since gone on to forge a successful solo career.

Two members of Blur are currently active with other musical projects, with Albarn launching The Good, The Bad & The Queen, his new band featuring former Clash bassist Paul Simonon and ex –Verve guitarist Simon Tong last weekend.

James is now co-presenting a new version of cult 80s music show The Tube with Konnie Huq, Emily Rose and Anthony H Wilson for Channel 4 Radio.

Coxon has yet to respond to James’ remarks about a reunion."

It seems a bit iffy so far, but who knows? :shrug: This could be huge news, but I'm not sure if it'll work out or not. Regardless, there will be a new Blur album next year, and that is definitely good news. :)

:hyper:

I admit I haven't heard the last album, Think Tank but noticed that it got mixed reviews! Perhaps Coxon can bring the form back?

Think Tank isn't that bad, but it has a lack of... Graham! yeap, if he rejoins Blur that would be awesome

:ohmy:
Holy shit. That'd be so awesome! Think Tank was okaaaaaay, but not brilliant. It certainly did suffer from lack of Graham.
Yay! I hope this happens!

think tank has three of my favourite songs of all time...

out of time
battery in your leg

and a distant, but relevant third place: sweet song

Back
Top Bottom