Keane-War Child EP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2isthebest

ONE love, blood, life
Has anyone heard Keane's latest song "The Night Sky" that they did as a charity single for War Child? It's an absolutely brilliant song about a war-torn city through the eyes of a child. They also have the best cover of "Under Pressure" (actually, the only good cover) that I've ever heard. There's also a remix of "Put It Behind You", which I'm not a fan of, but I'm never a fan of remixes. Thoughts?

Not a huge fan of the new song. I really feel let down by Keane, to be honest. Hopes and Fears was a great debut, with propelling, well-mixed songs. I saw them live and they put on such a great show.

After that it's just been syrupy, over-produced, over-filtered messes of tracks since the follow-up record....

Canadiens1160 said:
Not a huge fan of the new song. I really feel let down by Keane, to be honest. Hopes and Fears was a great debut, with propelling, well-mixed songs. I saw them live and they put on such a great show.

After that it's just been syrupy, over-produced, over-filtered messes of tracks since the follow-up record....

I agree. I loved their debut album and since then :|

New song does little for me I'm afraid, bit like Keane in autopilot.

That said, can't concur with the hate for Under The Iron Sea here. I thought it was a ripper of an album, explosivley exciting choruses....love Is It Any Wonder, Frog Prince, Bad Dream, Crystal Ball, Leavin' So Soon, Atlantic, Hamburg

Canadiens1160 said:

I'm the opposite. Under the Iron Sea is one of my personal faves. Hopes and Fears got old with me.

Back
Top Bottom