Kasabian and James

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cujo

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
In 50 words or less please enlighten me on either of the two titled sets of artists. Your responses will be rewarded with either:

a) :sexywink:

b) really?

c) come on.

d) really?

Thanks in advance.

:up:

hahahahahaha.

you fools don't know a great thread when you see it.

...i guess that includes me.

Kasabian: A British rock-tronica band who were nominated for a number of brit awards. Self titled disc rocks my socks. Tracks to download are "club foot" "reason is treason" and "L.S.F. (Lost Souls Forever)".

James, one of the most amazing bands ever. Great musicians that can experiment yet still have great pop sensibility. Tim Booth has one of the best voices of any band in the last ten years or so.

If you are going to check them out here's my run down of some of their albums.

Laid - probably their most succesful. Great album. Has the only US hit they had with the title track Laid. Stand out tracks include Say Something, Out to Get You, and Sometimes.

Best of - Usually a safe bet but you'll miss some of their great gems.

Wah Wah - Total experiment, but I love it. Recorded the same time Laid was. Two studios. One gave birth to Laid and one was improvs, experiments, and had Brian Eno at the helm. Some of the experiments are only 30 seconds long or so. Definately a fan's album.

Millionaires - My personal favorite album. Also had Eno on board. Stand out tracks: Fred Astaire, Shooting my Mouth Off, and Someone's Got it In for Me. Also has Sinead O' Connor as guest vocalist on a few tracks.

Seven - Great album. Pre-Laid. Stand outs: Born of Frustration, Ring the Bells, and Seven.

Well I could go on forever, but I'll stop for I've dragged on too much as it is. But definately check them out.

you deserve to be shoved into a musical black box that plays nothing but reo speedwagon for the rest of your God-given life.

jerk.

James was one of the bands I fell headlong into when I "fell out of love with u2" back during Zooropa. The Eno sound, the ringing Edge-guitar tone was what I was starving for and they had it. There's a live cut of "Born of frustration" on a bootleg that just encompasses everything that was amazing about that band. Tim Booth made one hell of a frontman.
Albums.. Seven, Laid and Whiplash are amongst their best work. Wah Wah is a release of "studio experiments in sound", some outtakes from Laid and some workings of what went into Whiplash, most notably a song called 'Tomorrow'. Not for everybody but if you like the Axtung Baby/Salome Sessions bootlegs you might enjoy Wah Wah.

Back
Top Bottom