Kanye West's Mother Dies After Plastic Surgery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad news for Kanye, but it's hard to be overly sympathetic about a 58-year old woman who felt the need to get plastic surgery.

And something's telling me that wasn't the first time.

Oh that's so sad I feel so bad for him. She is still young and he even though 30 is still too young to be without his mom.

Peace to Kanye and his family.

apparently it was multiple surgeries. And her initial plastic surgeon said she needed to see an internist before he would do surgery so she went to another plastic surgeon...

why is vanity such a god damn issue in this country!:mad:

tmz.com:

Donda West Warned About Surgery
Posted Nov 12th 2007 4:02PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Music

TMZ has learned that just weeks before Donda West died, a plastic surgeon refused to perform procedures on her because of a health condition that could have led to a heart attack.

We've learned Beverly Hills physician, Dr. Andre Aboolian, was set to perform a tummy tuck and breast reduction on Ms. West, but told her she needed to get clearance from an internist whom Dr. Aboolian recommended. We're told West never went to that doctor, and subsequently had the procedures performed -- but not by Dr. Aboolian.

Story developing ...

and...

Fire Dept. Called to Donda West's Home
Posted Nov 12th 2007 4:10PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Music, R.I.P.

TMZ has learned Dr. Donda West was at her home when 911 was called.

We're told that at 7:35 PM Saturday night, paramedics responded to a 911 call and transported West to nearby Centinela Freeman Hospital in Marina del Rey. We're told it was a "sick person call."

A hospital spokesperson tells TMZ that an unresponsive West was brought to their ER around 8:00 PM Saturday night. They attempted to resuscitate her, but were unsuccessful. She was pronounced dead around 8:30 PM that night.

A sad story. My condolences to her family.

lazarus said:
Sad news for Kanye, but it's hard to be overly sympathetic about a 58-year old woman who felt the need to get plastic surgery.

And something's telling me that wasn't the first time.
Well, it's better than at age 20, no? That's the age at which people really feel bad about their age, right?

TMZ has numerous stories about her doctor-he isn't even Board Certified with the American Board of Plastic Surgery. The CA medical board wanted to revoke his medical license because he was convicted of multiple DUIs. She also had an unnamed preexisting medical condition.

I don't care whether it was cosmetic surgery or what kind of surgery it was. Anyone can die from complications connected to any kind of surgery, especially with a pre-existing condition that is ignored, either by patient or surgeon or both. It is tragic. Kanye was incredibly close to her and she seemed like an amazing woman.

MrsSpringsteen said:
TMZ has numerous stories about her doctor-he isn't even Board Certified with the American Board of Plastic Surgery. The CA medical board wanted to revoke his medical license because he was convicted of multiple DUIs. She also had an unnamed preexisting medical condition.

I saw that..

what people go thru for vanity.. it's just tragic and unfair that people feel they have to do this..:(

boy.. did she pick the wrong doctor or what.. this is getting more tragic by the minute... :sad:

Patient Claims Dr. Adams Sponged Off Her

Posted Nov 13th 2007 4:15PM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Celebrity Justice, Music
Another patient of Dr. Jan Adams sued him for malpractice, alleging he left a foreign object in her body.

In a lawsuit filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Lori Ufondu claims that in 1996, she underwent breast augmentation by Dr. Adams. In 2003, she underwent revision surgery by another doctor, who discovered that a surgical sponge was left, she claims by Dr. Adams.

Ufondu claims the sponge and its belated removal caused a distortion in her appearance, creating a deformed right nipple, a puncture wound, loss of sensation and "horrific scar tissue."

Following Dr. Adams' surgery, Ufondu claims she was feeling "sharp, needle-like pain in the area of this scar tissue." She says she complained to Dr. Adams, who allegedly responded "by laughing in a derisory fashion, claiming that the pain would subside."

Ufondu obtained a judgment in excess of $100,000. Her lawyer tells TMZ the doctor has not paid, and he's trying to enforce the judgment. Her lawyer adds that there are several outstanding judgments against Dr. Adams, who has ignored his obligation to pay.

:sad: DAMN. That's awful. Just prayed for Kanye and his family and wish them the best through this rough time. :hug:

Donda West's surgeon faced malpractice suits, records show

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- The Beverly Hills plastic surgeon who operated on Kanye West's mother a day before she died is in trouble with the Medical Board of California over several DUI cases and has had judgments against him in at least two malpractice cases, according to legal documents filed in California.

Plastic surgeon Jan Adams, who operated on Kanye West's mother, has had at least two DUI convictions since 2003.

Dr. Jan Adams has "multiple convictions for alcohol-related offenses," medical board executive director David Thornton said in his complaint charging Adams with violating the Medical Practice Act.

Adams has at least two convictions since 2003, when the doctor was put on probation and ordered to complete an alcohol counseling program, according to the complaint.

The complaint, dated April 10, also cites the convictions as evidence for charges of unprofessional conduct and abuse of alcohol. It requests that the medical board revoke or suspend Adams' license.

Sources familiar with the investigation told CNN that a settlement was reached regarding Adams' most recent DUI, in 2006, and the type of disciplinary action he should face from the medical board. The settlement was sent to the board on November 2, the sources said, but it will likely take a month for the board to finish its work.

The sources also said the board probably will renew his license.

Adams' medical license expires on April 30, 2008.

Additionally, Adams has settled at least two malpractice suits, one for $250,000 and another for $217,000. Further details were not available.

Adams has not responded to requests for comment about the medical board complaint or the malpractice suits. After telling TMZ.com that Donda West's death was an unforeseen circumstance unrelated to the surgery he performed, Adams released a statement refusing further comment about the death.

TMZ.com, like CNN, is owned by Time Warner.

The Los Angeles County Coroner's office said that Adams performed surgery on West, 58, on Friday. She was found unresponsive and in respiratory arrest at her home the following day and was pronounced dead that evening after being rushed to a nearby hospital.

An autopsy on West's body was inconclusive pending the results of toxicology tests, a spokesman for the Los Angeles County Coroner said Tuesday.

Adams is the host of Discovery Health's "Plastic Surgery: Before and After" and has appeared frequently on "Oprah" and other television shows. He is the author of two books, "Everything Women of Color Should Know About Cosmetic Surgery" and "Health, Wellness and Cosmetic Surgery for the Woman of Color, Volume 2."

He also sells several lines of skin care products through his company Carswell Products, and another, called "Rudalgo" -- Adams' middle name -- through his company JRA Nutridermaceuticals.

According to his Web site -- which has been taken down -- Adams graduated from Harvard university and the Ohio State University School of Medicine and studied plastic surgery at the University of Michigan.

Adams' bio page has been taken off the Discovery Channel's Web site as well.

This whole incident is very sad and my heart indeed goes out to Kanye and his family. True, anyone undergoing surgery is at risk. If in fact Kanye's mother had prior surgeries (I personally do not understand the vanity and obsession over plastic surgery especially among celebrities and the wealthy) and/or was told she would be at higher risk if she were to undergo another procedure, *IF* it were me, I would have certainly followed up on checking the credentials of any surgeon who would agree to do a procedure another surgeon refused to. As a practice there are simply things in life you cautiously and carefully consider and do your homework on, ESPECIALLY something that could affect your life. With the rap sheet this doc's got according to what's being reported in the media, I can't believe he was still "practicing" medicine and that he wasn't found out sooner rather than when it's too late. I'm sorry, but I'm shocked that Kanye's mother didn't check this guy out more thoroughly. I thought she was an intelligent credentialled professional (a professor or therapist of some kind?) :sad: Very sad situation.

This is what I don't understand how this guy can live with himself and WHY he was still practicing medicine? :ohmy: I am glad I viewed these pics on an empty stomach. This kind of a story should truly open the eyes to anyone even considering any kind of plastic or reconstructive surgery....be VERY careful about who you choose to perform your surgery and DO YOUR RESEARCH!

MrsSpringsteen said:
That Dr. Adams is going to be on Larry King tonight. Should he really be going on tv? Preemptive strike attempt I guess.

Actually, I was just on the CNN website and they reported that he walked off the show just a few minutes after it started.

Here's the story:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/11/20/donda.west.doctor/index.html

Condolences to Kanye West and family.

I saw that on the news, that he walked off. Not to mention the fact that Mrs. West's funeral was yesterday :|

They shouldn't have even had to ask him not to go on, any doctor with half a brain and human decency wouldn't even consider it.

Back
Top Bottom