Kanye West - Graduation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, come on...you can wait 5 more days and just buy it. :wink: I assure you that it's definitely worth a purchase.

*raises hand as well*

Although the cashier gave me attitude when I got it. She said that she has been selling nothing but Kanye and 50 all day.
Then she asked if I needed a bag and I said no (I was going to put it on immediately anyway) and she said, "Fine, take it to go," in a really snotty way.

Whatever, HAYTAHS!

Haha, and when I pulled up into the parking lot some guy had just unwrapped his copy and blasted it on his stereo (it was an open Jeep). Then I got in my car and did the same thing. Only I turned the bass all the way up to 11 and gave the other cars on Bird Road a Kanye West soundcheck. w00t w00t!

Anyway, I've only heard a few songs so far, but I'm definitely digging it. :up:

I'm planning to get it when I go get my Popmart DVD next week. I've been enjoying the leak a lot more than I thought I would.

My favorite record shop in Seattle is Easy Street. When I go there and buy used copies of horrendously awful pop music (as I am wont to do), they don't even sneer the tiniest bit.

In fact, last time I went I made a joke about it, and the hipster cashier said that he liked guilty pleasure pop too, and that he pissed off his coworkers by playing the JoJo CD really loud. :lol:

corianderstem said:
My favorite record shop in Seattle is Easy Street. When I go there and buy used copies of horrendously awful pop music (as I am wont to do), they don't even sneer the tiniest bit.

In fact, last time I went I made a joke about it, and the hipster cashier said that he liked guilty pleasure pop too, and that he pissed off his coworkers by playing the JoJo CD really loud. :lol:

I want to go to used CD shopping at that place with you.:drool: It sounds like all kinds of awesomeness. My used CD place is pretty sweet too though. The hot guy there always flirts with me when I go in.:flirt:

I'm probably just going to end up buying "Graduation" on iTunes some time in the next couple weeks.

Both Easy Street locations always have a GREAT selection of used CDs, and their new releases are usually cheap.

:drool:

Kanye was awesome on BET tonight. He totally owned 50, even though his voice was awfully hoarse. He brought out Jay-Z right after he finished performing Big Brother, which was very surprising for me. :up:

Setlist:

1. Champion
2. Can't Tell Me Nothin'
3. Big Brother

The Good Life video was premiered tonight as well...it's just a whole lot of fun. :love:

I wonder how serious the 50 Cent this really is. If it's a publicity stunt, Kanye would've gotten my 10 bucks anyway, but if it's not... then everything will be right in the world.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I wonder how serious the 50 Cent this really is. If it's a publicity stunt, Kanye would've gotten my 10 bucks anyway, but if it's not... then everything will be right in the world.

If their beef with each other was real, they're apparently over it now. Apparently, they're bonding over MTV's lack of caring about arrogant black rappers.:cute:

Kanye said yesterday that a black man couldn't get a break, and that he and 50 are joining forces to fight the establishment!:happy:

That's a paraphrase, but you get the point.:wink:

Last edited:
Everything I've read says it adds so much more to the mix and surpasses his first two, can't wait to check it out.

After spending a couple weeks with it, I really really enjoy a whole lot of songs on this album. In time, it could even be my favorite Ye album.

U2isthebest said:

If their beef with each other was real, they're apparently over it now. Apparently, they're bonding over MTV's lack of caring about arrogant black rappers.:cute:

Kanye said yesterday that a black man couldn't get a break, and that he and 50 are joining forces to fight the establishment!:happy:

That's a paraphrase, but you get the point.:wink:

:happy:

I like that Kanye has the balls to say what he wants to say... but that inevitably leads to him saying dumb things sometimes. 2-way street there.

It's definitely an album that builds steam as it goes. It's so endearingly quirky, and the self-depracation juxtaposed with the boasting has reached a transcendently weird plane. I definitely approve, and I think it's the most consistently listenable rap album I've heard in years, surpassing both of Kanye's first two albums, even if it doesn't have as many obvious hits.

Curtis who?

LemonMacPhisto said:

:happy:

I like that Kanye has the balls to say what he wants to say... but that inevitably leads to him saying dumb things sometimes. 2-way street there.

Honestly, he's so conceited that I can't even listen to the man speak anymore. I still love his music, but there is nothing that irks me more than arrogance. He needs to get over himself.

U2isthebest said:

Honestly, he's so conceited that I can't even listen to the man speak anymore. I still love his music, but there is nothing that irks me more than arrogance. He needs to get over himself.

I think he is really aware of it, and I think he plays it for laughs quite a bit. Listen to the track "Big Brother," there's actually a good bit of humility there.

I like Kanyes new album, the beats are different that what we usually hear. And I am happy that Kanye is winning, cause My friend will have to watch U2's ZooTV dvd since he lost the bet we made.

Would that be a bet based on the 50 Cent thing? It's really sad. I think he was just trying to tag along with someone who has remained relevant. 50 has had more mainstream singles, but has barely been involved with anything remotely interesting. Arrogance or not, Kanye is hard-working and devoted to music, not destorying Jim Sheridan's near-perfect body of work and promoting Vitamin Water with a single from 2 albums ago.

yes it's from the 50 thing. I too think Kanye is a man of music where as 50 is more about making the money and not really about the music.

YOU GOT D'S MOTHERFUCKER D'S

Good Morning is so good.

inmyplace13 said:
YOU GOT D'S MOTHERFUCKER D'S

Good Morning is so good.

I also like the one with Chris Martin also. Like the piano beat. There is another version out there with out chris martin and it sounds like a blues or jazz lounge Kanye is rapping in

Back
Top Bottom