Kaiser Chiefs, The Killers and Franz Ferdinand: The future...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POP-ROMANCER

War Child
All 3 bands are new bands from the '00s. Which of these 3 bands do you think has the most staying power and will become a 'big' band like radiohead or coldplay or...etc.

I think The Killers can make a much more better album than Hot Fuss.

I think the for The Kaiser Chiefs it's difficult to make a better album than the 1st one because employment is very good. But I think the kaiser chiefs has the most potential to become a topband.

I think Franz Ferdinand won't 'make' it. Their second album isn't as good recieved as the first one was.

What do you guys think of the future for these bands? Which band is in about 5 years or 2 albums the biggest of the 3?

Discuss.

I hope Kaiser Chiefs and Franz Ferdinand stand the test of time, just because I like those two bands. FF made a disapointing 2nd record... U2 too :)

I don't care too much about The Killers but I admit, off those 3 bands, they are the most predictable to have a great future.

Not sure about the kaisers but the killers and franz have great futures i think.

one band in particular though that *are* the future - Arctic Monkeys.

Trust me.

Arctic Monkeys are horribly average.

Kaiser Chiefs are fun but nothing more.

I don't know much about the Killers.

Franz Ferdinand has two albums out and the second shows they've been doing some interesting things since their first, I'll put my money on them.

Want my pick? Maximo Park. I think they're going to have a decent career of three or four albums ahead of them.

in 2 years, no one will care about any of those bands. with further albums, they will either a) move on and musically expand or b) put out watered down versions of their stuff that gained them this "next big thing" status in the first place. both a and b will lose them the vast majority of their fan base, who will move on to the new thing because they don't want a re-hashing, or because whatever musical progression the bands take will be "okay, but not as good as the last album!"

if i'm wrong, and these bands truly are the future of rock n roll, i'm getting myself a fucking time machine ASAP.

yertle-the-turtle said:
Arctic Monkeys are horribly average.

Kaiser Chiefs are fun but nothing more.

I don't know much about the Killers.

Franz Ferdinand has two albums out and the second shows they've been doing some interesting things since their first, I'll put my money on them.

Want my pick? Maximo Park. I think they're going to have a decent career of three or four albums ahead of them.

the arctic monkeys are not 'horribly average'. they managed to have a number one single with barely any radio airplay, on a tiny record label and in a pop/rnb dominated chart. that's an incredible feat for a small indie band with only one previous single to their name.

they may be probably the most hyped band in a long long time but they really do live up to it. i've tried not to be sucked in by them but i couldn't help it. they've got good tunes and the lyrics are just exceptional.

anyway, enough of the gushing, i don't think kaiser chiefs will last more than another couple of albums.

but yeh, maximo park are a great band, getting their album for xmas too :dancing:

IWasBored said:

if i'm wrong, and these bands truly are the future of rock n roll, i'm getting myself a fucking time machine ASAP.

:rockon:

DignityPassesBy said:
What about snow patrol final straw was a great album

indeed it was, but it was their 3rd album

bands nowadays have like a shelf-life of 4-5 albums tops and it's a damn shame

i've never heard of Kaiser Chiefs, I LOVE THE KILLERS, and i was unimpressed with the Franz Ferdinand album.

i hope that the killers continue to make great music, like the hot fuss album, for many years to come.

and i also love snow patrol, i think that they will last a lot longer than franz ferdinand.

the killers will build upon their mainstream acceptance and become the next coldplay, or maybe the next frankie goes to hollywood.

franz ferdinand and the kaiser chiefs will continue to make enjoyable and completely dispoable dance-pop/rock and be cited as huge influences when the next "post-punk" revival comes around, oh, say about in 2023.

on the other hand, bloc party will follow up their triumphant debut and get even more awesomer.

All I can think of when those bands are mentioned is the new standard in drum riffs for the 00s rock bands...

Boom-tish boom-tish boom-tish boom-tish boom-tish boom-tish boom-tish boom-tish boom-tish boom-tish boom-tish boom-tish boom-tish

The upbeat is now your friend again, apparently.

Zoomerang96 said:
where'sthelove, i 7ust LOOOOOVE the black eyed peas!!! :happy:

wait, wait!! IWB, do yo love the Killers? we need to start a thread about them? or better 5 threads at the same time?

i hope the Kaiser Chiefs continue to improve...they actually do seem to have the ability to grow past the post-punk craze....i see Snow Patrol increasing their popularity

I agree with David :up:

On the other hand, the Killers make me want to stab my eyes out. Dreadful.

Jack In The Box said:

wait, wait!! IWB, do yo love the Killers? we need to start a thread about them? or better 5 threads at the same time?

OMG!!! YES!!!!!! quick! you make threads for tracks 1-6, i'll make threads for the rest of the cd! damn flood control!!!!

well the Killers are my personal favourite out of these 3 bands, and they are the only ones ive seen live and their show was one of the best ive seen. Im really looking forward to their next album, hope we dont have to wait too long.

I love Kaiser Chiefs and Franz Ferdinand too though. I think its been a good year for music, and im really likeing the sytle, and energy these bands are bringing to the music scene.

I don't see any future for any of these bands, the music of today does no more allow to have bands like u2, rem, simple minds, red hot chili peppers, for example, who are able to stay together for decades producing good music and most of all remaining friends.
The todays music mentality is, make 2-3 records in 4-5 years, make the right money, have a rich life and goodbye. Music is disappearing, especially when I must hear that many so called "music engineers" all around the medias say that The Darkness are the new Queen.......................this really means that many out there don't know what they're listening to, they make such statements just to have they're part of money, and all is done. Shit is becoming gold in the name of money, and this is not ok.

The Killers and Franz Ferdinand are very good.
Kaiser Chiefs and Arctic Monkeys are just a pair of hip, fad bands it's cool to like...plus their music sucks.

Back
Top Bottom