Justin24's Gallery!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used a Nikon Coolpix 5700. But I just bought a Canon Digital Rebel Xt (DSLR) and I love it. I plan to go back next month with my new camera.

I love my camera. Did you get the standard 18-55 lense when you bought the camera??

yes which I find really good, I went to some classes in May, but unfortunately I don't have much time to pratice, I'm planning on going in the 2nd week of November to Real de Catorce with some friends so hopefully I'l be able to really use the camera over there, I went right after I bought the camera but I really didn't know how to use it properly so I just took pictures randomly and in Automatic

Cool, You should practice on the Manual settings. I would like to see your photos

yes I still haven't teached myself to post pics in here, but I'll try one of this days

I do use manual settings, but I don't get to take out my camera as much as I'd want to

Mofo said:
I also have a Cannon Rebel EOS, hopefully I'll be buying a couple of lenses in December

Do you know which lens you're getting yet? That's the cool thing about Canon - lots of fine lenses to choose from. As you probably know, they just came out with a new Rebel xTi, which has an extra 2.1 megapixels over the xT.

Nice pics, btw, Justin. The lighting on the b/w is excellent. I was in Maine this weekend and got some nice lighthouse pics (fall was over).

Marshall_Pt_Sep01.jpg

I have heard alot of complaints on the XTi. There stretch the MP to account for those extra two. So you really have to bump up the apeture and film speed to get a good photo. If you dont it comes out under exposed.

The MP size shouldn't really affect exposure. I believe the camera still comes with the Digic II processor, which is in the regular xT (and 30D also). The reviews I've seen are very positive and rates it even higher than the 30D.

Still, sometimes ya gotta stay with what's comfortable. Technology can't really replace the good ol' eye, in terms of composition.

ADecentMelody said:

Do you know which lens you're getting yet? That's the cool thing about Canon - lots of fine lenses to choose from. As you probably know, they just came out with a new Rebel xTi, which has an extra 2.1 megapixels over the xT.

I can't remember now, I'm pretty sure one was a 70-300 mm :|, it's been a while since I saw them but until December I'll be going to the states so that's why I'll wait cheaper there than here, any you would recommend?

HPIM0108.jpg
[/IMG]

HPIM0103.jpg

HPIM0111.jpg

ok...first try, this are not from my Canon, I took this the summer of 2005 in Costa Brava, Spain, I woked up for the Sunrise with a huge hungover, but I think I got some decent pics a bit to portrait for my liking but friends, even my dad didn't believed I took this

I can't believe how easy this was, just for being lazy I was never able to post pics...anyway this are from

Venice
hpim1518.jpg

hpim1549.jpg

this one is from the train Venice-Florence, the sky was amazing so I really liked this pic
hpim1555.jpg

I took few pictures from Venice since we were only there for like 5 hours and the heat was amazing so I was in a really bad mood, and this is the only place were I screwed up putting the date on the pics

very Nice Mofo. I love the first one, and the Pier shot in Venice. Keep up the good work.

thanks man, but these were from a while ago, with a normal camera 4 Megapixels, I bought it a couple of days before heading to Europe and read through the manual in the plane to really take advantage of its features, but nothing like the Canon, I wish I bought it back then here's one of my favorites from U2 in Mexico City

1.jpg

this is at the end of streets...

Justin24 said:
I have heard alot of complaints on the XTi. There stretch the MP to account for those extra two. So you really have to bump up the apeture and film speed to get a good photo. If you dont it comes out under exposed.

:huh:

That doesn't make any sense at all. Unless whoever made those complaints didn't have a very good understanding of exposure techniques and was shooting at either too low a shutter speed and was getting blurry images, or too fast and wasn't getting a proper exposure to begin with - both of which would be operator error and not something wrong with the camera itself. Where did you hear these complaints?

The reviews and user comments I've read have been overwhelmingly positive.

nice pics, especially the one in the middle

this ones are from Auschwitz I also took this last summer
HPIM1201.jpg

HPIM1161-2.jpg

HPIM1194-2.jpg

HPIM1216-2.jpg

Last edited:
thanks I really like this pics, I haven't even print them but as soon as I get some time to pick pictures I will, (I took over 3500 pictures during my 3 months in Europe so there's a lot of crappy or very postal like pics)

this ones are really cool, they are from Pompeii Italy

HPIM1932.jpg

pompeya.jpg

Justin how did you achieve the blurry waterfall in the colored pic, what settings did you used?

I used a slow shutter speed (my camera would have it under "Bulb".)And a apeture of 7.0 I believe. I also had the speed set at 800. This was shot with my other non DSLR camera. It was so difficult to do and I should have waited until it got a little darker. It's best to shoot either during the early morning or towards dusk. If you shoot during the day make sure you have a lense hood and a polorizing filter or UV filter. I will find out the settings and let you know.

As you know my Favorite photo, the one most people Really Love!
Picture154.jpg

Well here is me in NY when Kodak had it displayed in Times Square as Picture of the day!
Picture495.jpg

Back
Top Bottom