just how good is pink floyd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
my fav PF albums ( in decreasing order) are

1. The division bell
2. dark side of the moon
3. The wall

But I have listened to all PF albums..

Pink Floyd belongs to one of the few bands for which I have listened to ALL OFFICIALLY RELEASED albums by the band - Radiohead, U2 and Coldplay are the rest... I only have one or two album of Oasis and Porcupine tree to check out..

I have always pondered these 2 questions:

If Waters is one of the greatest song writers ever, then why does his solo work suck so bad? It is truly horrible.

If Gilmour can only play guitar, and has no compositional talent, then why is The Division Bell on par with the greatest music PF has ever created?

I'm not sure this was worth bumping just for that bit of flamebait, although I agree with your general sentiment that Dave's songwriting is underrated and Roger's is overrated.

Still, I think there's some worthwhile stuff on Amused To Death, and In the Flesh is worth buying solely for "Each Small Candle," which is one of the best things he's ever written, inside or outside of Floyd.

Found Amused To Death for $6.99 at the local grocery store and picked it up cos I'd always been kinda curious about Waters' solo stuff. Have listened to it just once so far and only upto track 6, Late Home Tonight Pt. I. It's just not doing it for me. Too preachy and depressing. Of course, I don't own the Final Cut either.

somewhere on the list of most underrated albums by great bands is The Final Cut.

and as far as I'm concerned it's their last album.

altough the two Dave albums are cool, they pale.
it's like trying to convince me Walking to Clarksdale is a Zeppelin album.

It's not that I really dislike Waters. I love his input with PF, and The Final Cut is a classic in my book. I just don't really get his solo stuff, though.

Back
Top Bottom