Just got The Sims

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Hey ya'll!
biggrin.gif

I just got The SIMS and The SIMS Hot Date tonight!

I've done the tutorial and set up a family so far - but can any of you lovely people give me any pointers, tips and tricks?
It seems like a lot of fun!

Can't wait to hear from you!

*hugs*

I have The Sims! What fun!

Do you know about the money cheat?

I think if you hold down Shift+Ctrl+C, you get a box in the upper left hand corner. Type in rosebud and hit enter. There are other variations of this cheat to make it easier to get money too...you can find out at Sims sites and stuff.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

~put a burglar alarm outside all 1st floor entrances to the house

~remember to put a smoke alarm in the kitchen...if your Sim has low cooking skills, a fire is likely to happen eventually

~if you build a fireplace...or have a grill...don't put items too close to them, or a fire can start

~get a maid and a gardener or else buy a Servo

------------------
"I don't know you,

If you build one wall panel at the entrance of your property, and put a burgaler alarm there, then the police come as soon as he is on your property, and usually nail him before he gets into your house

Is it just me, or is Bella Goth a stuck up bitch? I can almost never have my Sims make friends with her. *lol*

------------------
"I don't know you,

Bella is a high maintenance chick. I made her kiss my female roommate, that was fun.
DO NOT ADOPT A BABY!!!!
Someone told me this when I got the game, and babies are trouble... I've had 3 of them, and they always get taken away.
Build a pool, they aren't that expensive.
Hours will pass and you will just disappear into the world of the SIMS.
Have fun!

Oh Ya!! If you want to get rid of a character, make them go swimming, then go to build mode and take away the ladder. They will be stuck in the pool, and will eventually die!!(Morbid, I know, but sometimes you end up with too many characters at a time)

Originally posted by Bonochick:
~put a burglar alarm outside all 1st floor entrances to the house

~remember to put a smoke alarm in the kitchen...if your Sim has low cooking skills, a fire is likely to happen eventually

~if you build a fireplace...or have a grill...don't put items too close to them, or a fire can start

~get a maid and a gardener or else buy a Servo

Damn BC how many times did you burn down the house before you came you those instructions?
wink.gif

And Spinninghead I'm staying away from you.

I don't have the Sims but everyone seems to have so much fun with them I might get it.

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

bleh. i had that game for a while, but it always really really pissed me off that it took 3 hours to sweep the floor and 10 hours to get ready for bed (ok maybe a slight exaggeration but.. AARGH!)

although i must admit i had an aweful lot of fun with poor outhouse joe and his eventual emotional collapse. sims really can't survive like the pioneers did. Making the Simpsons family was fun too, until Bart died in a barbeque fire.

I once had a house with Bono, Shirley Manson, Billy Corgan, Gwen Stefani, Jonathan Davis (Korn), myself, and several other celebs living there. It was friggin' hilarious (and huge). Sadly, I gave my copy to a friend when I got Livin' Large, but now I have a new computer and I never see her to install it.

That's another thing I was wondering..

How do I find people like Bono and Gwen to emulate into SIMS?

I confess, I know nothing about the game.. just got it, and still on the game-provided families.
smile.gif

Go to http://thesimsresource.com

That's where I got my Bono-Sim.

And to whoever said it, Bella Goth is a stuck-up bitch. LOLOL

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
That's another thing I was wondering..

How do I find people like Bono and Gwen to emulate into SIMS?

I confess, I know nothing about the game.. just got it, and still on the game-provided families.
smile.gif

Hey, Bella's not so bad. It's her husband that I hate w/ a passion. That bastard...

Originally posted by mocool12:
Hey, Bella's not so bad. It's her husband that I hate w/ a passion. That bastard...

I'd be a pretty disgruntled guy too (if I was a guy) if my wife was a lesbian...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,

Back
Top Bottom