Just curious- is there anyone else here who has Attention Deficit Disorder??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you know...if my memory serves me correctly i believe someone made a thread about this matter a few months back. or was that you?

i know of a few people who have it. not the best thing one can have... :S

Not relaly sure what you want to hear cosmicgirl..
No I dont have it but my brother does.
Im a teacher so I deal with kids all the time with it and one of the boys in my class has it.
A lot of people think its a load of rubbish but I dont. I have seen what my brother is like. He just simply can't concentrate.
There's ADD and ADHD, the latter with hyperactivity thrown in for fun.
My bro suffered a lot because of it. He always had trouble in school and nearly drove his teachers insane but it wasnt ever something he could help. At about 14 he was diagnosed with it, even though he'd had problems since he started pre school with behaving sensibly and concentrating.
At that age he was put on dexanphetamine for a while and then later towards senior high school switched to ritalin.
he still uses ritalin now sometimes to help him concentrate with uni work.
the side effects of those drugs arent good though. he became cranky, moody and lost a lot of weight due to loss of apetite. Because of that my parents didnt like him using them and struggled with the doctors to keep them up. The only bonus was that he could actually concentrate a lot better with the drug.
Ive seen it myself in one of my kids at school just this week.
On the drug, they become a different person. Its quite remarkable.

Its a bizarre thing indeed.

that seriously sounds like my situation right now. I just went back on Ritalin after more than 5 years without it. The change was so dramatic that everyone wondered if i was ok. it was def. for the better, though. I've felt so content this week and i CAN ACTUALLY CONCENTRATE on my uni assignments. All my friends were like, what happened?! :)

ADD also has a nice distinction of having the same exact symptoms of many other things. I often get ADD-like symptoms, but I traced it to adrenal insufficiency on me, personally.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom