Just As I Was Having Fun......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah I love thunderstorms, it is just amazing how quickly it goes from being summer to winter- we had a heap of thunderstorms here in late Jan , my place got hit BIG TIME one afternoon- about 4 trees down and about two of them (big gum trees) came down over the drive way (I was staying at my Dad's, which is on about 2 and a half acres)................enjoy the storms:wink:

We had a huge thunderstorm yesterday....but unfortunately I didn't know cos I was fast asleep :| That always happens...I never wake up during any kind of storm LOL

I :heart: hardcore thunderstorms with thunder and lightening and heavy rain.

That's 'hardcore' by british standards, by the way. Our storms here are not like twisters and stuff. Although we have been known to have the occasional hurricane

anyway. Thunder and lightening is the best :up:

The other week I was at work and there was this MASSIVE crash of thunder at exactly the same time as a really really bright flash of lightening. Turns out the lightening had hit the building :shocked: . Apparantly over in customer services a big spark came down from the ceiling and hit someones desk (luckily they weren't there at the time!)

the phone system and security cameras were all screwed up for about a week afterwards :up:

I'm having fun... :rolleyes:

"Heavy snow..Rain..Freezing rain and thunderstorms today into Wednesday"

This is the latest I've ever seen snow, and there's lots of it. 5-10 cm. :madspit:

Hiya everyone :)

BOOMcha did we have a biggie last night! It started just as I logged off, and lasted till 3AM or so. Lots and LOTS of lightning. I love the way the lightning flashes across the sky, reflecting such pretty colors off the clouds. Last night, it seemed to be greens and yellows. In the summer, it's more red. We are supposed to get more here tonight. The temp is around 86F (44C or something like that I think). Very sticky too. Thank God I can post at work! LOL :)

I would LOVE to experience a British storm. I was in the UK and Ireland in 1987, and back again in 1988, and it was clear, warm weather the whole time. I sort of missed the rain lol.

Hi Beli - Here in the US, severe thunderstorms are storms who produce winds in excess of 40 MPH, contain small to large hail, torrential downpours, and sometimes have the capacity to spin off a tornado or two. Where I live, they can get quite fearsome as they barrel down the Hudson Valley towards NYC. :ohmy:

I don't think I would like the storms in America :ohmy:

I think there was a tornado in Wales I think.. maybe Sctoland earlier this year, thats a very rare occurance here :up:

pfft. Its not a storm unless the rooves come off, the electricity and water goes off, the gum trees propel through the windows, and the whole family gets chillblanes from sleeping on the bathroom tiles (strongest room in the house)

:up:

Back in 1998, we had a storm come down the valley on May 28. O...M...G. This thing .....I think it had a soul. I really do. First, the sky was the color of Bono's shades. Second, the air smelled like burning iron/copper. :ohmy: And lastly, we did have a funnel sweep over the house, only to drop itself up in Yorktown, and spin a house off its' foundations.

Beli - I heard about some of those storms in Australia. :ohmy: It's like lightning capital down there! And I understand Australia gets tornados too?

Lara and Bammo - Twisters are indeed rare in the UK and Ireland, taking into consideration all the hills and mountains, which tornados don't like. Scary nonetheless though. Glad for you that it only happens very rarely. New York is seeing more of them lately....:ohmy:

zoney! said:
what happened to that weather thread? :hmm:

I had $50 with myself that you'd bring this up :up:

I just keep on winning.

We get cyclones here OctoberTrees (in Aus).
And the BEST tropical storms you will ever see :love:

If you have insurance anyway.
:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom