July 1st - Canada Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unforgettableFOXfire

I serve MacPhisto
Yeah, its Canada Day today, July 1st. I was absolutely shocked that noone had posted about it yet... ya damn yankees! ;D so in spirit of the day, drinks, cotton candy, and fireworks are on me! Cheers all!

*puts on canada bandana, grabs mini flag, and goes to party hard*

Ohhhhh caaaanaaaadaaaa... *sings*

I have some pro-canada images, but theyre on my geocities account, I shall attach them momentarily after I go and retrieve them...

In the mean-time... Rock on Interference land! Parttttt-ayyyy!!!

Attachments

• canuck.gif
    canuck.gif
    21.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Another image from the great white north.

Its no beaver eh? But its Canehdian nonetheless.

Attachments

• mapleleaf.gif
    mapleleaf.gif
    5.9 KB · Views: 46
~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:

i decided i will take you up on this cos in quebec i can legally drink.

here's some chilled beer for us to enjoy.

bucket-molson.jpg

Happy Canada Day ...

Stuff from Canada ...

1198fyi5.JPG

Molson

canadianbacon.jpg

Canadian Bacon

celine%20dion%20new%20day%20has%20come.jpg

Celine Dion

canadian%20hockey%20victory.jpg

Hockey

I think most of us Yanks are thinking about our upcoming Independence Day on July 4.

JessicaAnn said:
Happy Canada Day ...

Stuff from Canada ...

canadianbacon.jpg

Canadian Bacon

celine%20dion%20new%20day%20has%20come.jpg

Celine Dion

1. in canada they just call it bacon.

2. why oh why are you taking such low blows to them on their holiday? canadians: :sad: we know! it's TERRIBLE

damnit, I was going to post about this!!! *shakes fist at foxfire*

oh well.

Happy Canada Day, eh? :sexywink:

Re: I am Jeremy, and I AM CANADIAN!

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
Best... gif... EVER!

MY.......GOD

what a cool giffy thingy!:yes: Ya wouldnt happen to have an IRISH one would ya? or know where to get one??sooooooo cool!

Happy Canada Day all you Canadians!

Lilly said:

2. why oh why are you taking such low blows to them on their holiday? canadians: :sad: we know! it's TERRIBLE

Sorry ... I know ... America has it's share of ... erm ... well, you know ... bad talent

Example ... Carrot Top

as a Detroiter who has to remind her fellow Americans that yes, Canada is different than the U.S., I salute all Canadians and their loonies and twonies and $10 with the Queen.

In memory of my Canadian born granny, Virginia Simone Renaud...HAPPY CANADA DAY to all!!!

Lilly said:

1. in canada they just call it bacon.

Actually, to be incredibly technical... Canadians don't call that round stuff "bacon". They call it either back bacon, peameal bacon, or ham. Only in the USA is the round ham called "Canadian bacon"... and the name comes from the style of bacon, it has nothing to do with the origin of the bacon. But even Canadians don't really eat the stuff often. I think the term "Canadian bacon" goes back to colonial days, when a lot of Canadians were from England. The English would import a lot of round bacon from England to Canada, and the Americans would observe it and call it "Canadian bacon". The English are actually the ones who eat a lot of back bacon/round bacon. In England, they tend to call the round stuff "bacon".

But in Canada? This is bacon ;)

Bacon.jpg

You learn something new every day! :D As I said, incredibly technical... and trivial ;)

I really like backbacon!! mmmmm

Yes, it is our lovely country's birthday. congrats on the 135 years or whatever it is!

Well... even though my city sounds like a war zone right now with hovering helicopters and explosions ala fire works, HAPPY CANADA DAY!!! Now everyone shhhhh!! I have to be up at 5am. :|

I am usually more celebratory than this but well... it's MONDAY night, lol :D

Other great Canadians... check out this site: http://pages.infinit.net/garrick/canada/canpeople.html

Back
Top Bottom