July 11th, I await thee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
xaviMF22 said:

ha ha sucks to be you :p:

Shut up, cheater. :madspit: You encouraged everyone to download this album the minute it got released. :tsk: Luckily some of us had some self-control.

What do they cost in your country, Xavi?

U2Man said:

Shut up, cheater. :madspit: You encouraged everyone to download this album the minute it got released. :tsk: Luckily some of us had some self-control.

What do they cost in your country, Xavi?

I paid $12.99, and I bought two copies:wink:

oh and please be careful with the packaging of the "eraser" album it rips very easily..... its so fragile that upon opening it, I riped the back cover:|

oh and the artwork is amazing:drool: :drool:

Damn it, I forgot to pick up Sufjan while I was at Best Buy just now.

But I did get my copy of The Eraser, as well as a second copy and the third season of Reno 911 for my dad's birthday. Gotta love first day specials at Best Buy, got each Eraser for 9.99 before the price balloons up to 12.99. I also got Reno at 16.99 before it goes up to 21.99.

This is nice news after I passed my most-used gas station and saw some crooked numbers, most notably a three, on its price display.

Last edited:
Thank you for quoting and making me see how poorly I worded that sentence, xavi.

:mad:

I'm Ready said:
bought the eraser today

I am fairly impressed by it

cool,

oh and listen to that link I posted on the eraser thread...cymbal rush sounds a million times better live

xaviMF22 said:

cool,

oh and listen to that link I posted on the eraser thread...cymbal rush sounds a million times better live

alright great

I loved the cymbal rush from Koko earlier this year, so the studio version was a bit dissapointing, but after two listens its already growing on me

I decided not to get Eraser. I like Radiohead alot, but the main draw for me isn't Thom.

I did pick up Sufjan and Muse today though. I just listened to Black Holes and it seems pretty darn good.

Listening to Avalanche right now and I'm a couple songs in. It fits right in with Illinois and sounds pretty good.

Thom, Muse, and Sujfan were all acquired.

And yes, I spent a few bucks extra at my local independent store. :wink: :up:

How is Muse? I had it in my hand and walked around the store with it but at the last minute put it back cos I was short on cash. But maybe I blew it by not getting it on sale day. :mad:

I still haven't listened to it, but I'll let you know once I do! I am quite impressed with the bonus DVD that came with the limited edition, looks like it has a ton of stuff on it that I actually want to watch which is fairly rare for the "bonus DVD" type things. :wink:

i see none of you bought the new greg graffin album, which also came out yesterday.

eh, well, maybe you're better off.

u2popmofo said:

And yes, I spent a few bucks extra at my local independent store. :wink: :up:

Likewise (Avalanche and Eraser). I also picked up three Eraser stickers. I could be convinced to send them to a lucky Interferencer! :hmm:

I like stickers!!! :D

And I also made my puchases at my local shop... :sexywink:

Edit: By the way, am I the only one who picked up "Mistake Mistake Mistake Mistake" by James Figurine? It's yet another project of Jimmy Tamborello of Postal Service and Dntel fame. :up:

Last edited:
I wish I had a local independent store to go to.

The only place that cells CDs here is Wal-Mart.

EDIT: hahahahaha the only place that "cells" CDs.

Last edited:
zoney! said:

Likewise (Avalanche and Eraser). I also picked up three Eraser stickers. I could be convinced to send them to a lucky Interferencer! :hmm:

I was able to pick up a lot of promotional eraser stuff

Queen Bee said:
I didn't get any promotional items when I purchased The Eraser on Tuesday :grumpy:

Did get lots of Muse stuff though :drool:

on a related note I've been meaning to get the new muse album, but havent heard much from it? is it any good? how does it compare to their other records?

'Eraser' is better than I thought it would be. It's really fucking brilliant, actually.

Stadium Arcadium now has competition for 'Best Album Of 2006' :yes:

Haven't heard any of the new Muse album other outside of the first single and 'Knights Of Cydnonia'.

xaviMF22 said:
on a related note I've been meaning to get the new muse album, but havent heard much from it? is it any good? how does it compare to their other records?

Definitely buy it. It's excellent :drool:

I think it's just as good as Absolution and Origin of Symmetry. Though, between those two I've had a hard time choosing one as my favorite album, so I can't really rank it between them. There's some interesting experimentation with genres (City of Delusion and Hoodoo have an awesome western feel to them) though it's not too drastic. The tracks flow surprisingly well too. There's only one track on the album that I don't really care for, but the more I listen to the album the more I love it. And I can't stress enough how Knights of Cydonia is the perfect closer to the album. Really solid release :up:

Back
Top Bottom