John Stewart has become a giant douche.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's such a cool guy. I mean, look at him, he's popularizing a hand gesture.

danecook.jpg

Dane Cook, the Nickelback of the Comedy World.

Back to Jon Stewart though, I find him too gimmicky to enjoy consistently. I'm sure he was really funny at some point, but sitting there and making a funny face at a wild and wacky soundbit of a politician doesn't take too much skill.

elevated_u2_fan said:

With a title containing the phrase "giant douche" it was bound to happen :wink:

:hi5:

May I just say that, speaking from a strictly female perspective, he's like the insanely stupid but hot girl that you don't mind looking at, but you still just want to smack a big piece of duct tape over their mouth so they can never speak. Ever.

Just to clarify, those were more or so my feelings last year. With all his idiotic commercials and film roles over the past few months (I love Steve Carrell but purposely am avoiding Dan In Real Life because he's in it) he's not even appealing in that way. Now I just want to smack him.

I really dislike Dane Cook. Anyone that posts in the MLB thread is well aware of this, I should think. I never liked him before his MLB promos, and since then all I can say is that he annoys me more than PEOPLE who ALWAYS type like THIS, which is saying something.

Don't like Cook either. But I didn't let that stop me from seeing the Carell movie, which I did enjoy :shrug:

and I still like Mr. Stewart! I miss him :sad:

:hyper:

People who actually don't like Dane Cook!!! We must all be kindred spirits :wink:

All my friends are obsessed with him and quote him frequently...but I don't find him the least bit amusing :shrug:

"My girlfriend tends to exaggerate. She said one night 'Dane, oh my god there was a fire last night and there was like a thousand firefighters on the street'...NO THERE WAS NOT. If there was, they'd all be standing around going 'What do we do, there's like a thousand of us here!'"

The genius of Dane Cook. :|

Yet he has more MySpace friends than anyone, well except Tom... I don't get it, I watched his 'Tourgasm' show once waiting for it to get funny, next thing I know the credits were rolling, 30 minutes of my life just gone, just one good joke and I would have been OK, he's kinda funny, but no...:|

DaveC said:
"My girlfriend tends to exaggerate. She said one night 'Dane, oh my god there was a fire last night and there was like a thousand firefighters on the street'...NO THERE WAS NOT. If there was, they'd all be standing around going 'What do we do, there's like a thousand of us here!'"

The genius of Dane Cook. :|

:| srsly?

Last edited:
No spoken words said:
I really dislike Dane Cook. Anyone that posts in the MLB thread is well aware of this, I should think. I never liked him before his MLB promos, and since then all I can say is that he annoys me more than PEOPLE who ALWAYS type like THIS, which is saying something.

Those commercials were freaking everywhere. :scream:

He did a 90 minute special on HBO. I had seen snippets of his act, and did not laugh, but I figured that if he had 90 minutes, some parts of just had to be funny. So help me, I laughed like 2 times. In 90 minutes. 24 makes me laugh more than Dane Cook, and 24 has one joke per season.

I'm glad you put "good looking" in quotes, because yeah ... not so much.

I don't know that Jon Stewart is a douche, but I only like the opening bits on his show. I still find him funny though, and am really looking forward to him hosting the Oscars again.

And honest to pete, I'm tired of Colbert's schtick. I was happy when his campaign fizzled because it didn't come across to me like some sort of statement about politics in the US, it came across to me like he was just taking another opportunity to shill for his book.

I've found a few things Dane Cook has done funny, but he's definitely not anywhere close to deserving of the media attention he gets.

Lewis Black FTW

I used to really like Carlin, but lately he's gotten on my nerves. I'm not sure why exactly, but I don't find him as funny as I used to.

I think Robin Williams is funny, though a lot of people really despise his stand up.

Bill Hicks is probably my favorite of all time though.

I still :heart: George Carlin. One of the greats! I caught him live a few years ago. Caught Robin Williams too when he went back on the road to tour a few years back as well. Both were pretty damn funny. Glad I went :up:

Back
Top Bottom