John Mayer Trio - Try!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
B000BJS4SU.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

It comes out on the 22, but I downloaded it last night because I couldn't hold out any longer.

Dear sweet lord is it amazing. If you don't like his other albums, no worries, this is nothing like it. Great songs, great guitar work. Bluesy goodness oozing from my speakers.

This record is so good.

Thanks! I've been curious, hear John plays a mean blues guitar, will definitely pick that one up on Tuesday.

tiggytoos said:
hear John plays a mean blues guitar

That's an understatement. I saw him twice last year, once when he was headlining. He went off during that, for sure, but that doesn't amount to what happened a month earlier.

I was at Clapton's Crossroads festival, and midway through the day Clapton, BB King, Buddy Guy, and Jimmie Vaughn were all sitting out jamming, taking turns soloing, and just being general bad asses.

Out comes Mayer, and sure enough, he held his own right next to King and Clapton. The boy can play. BB King was nodding and smiling the whole time, almost as if to give him the seal of approval, thinking "This kid's pretty good."

He's an amazing guitarist, he really is. Most people don't realize it. They will if they hear this album. The end of "Wait Until Tomorrow" will make any skeptic a believer

the rockin edge said:
you were at the clapton festival?:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
I've heard him, he can really play :rockon: I'll have to check this out

You bet I was. They're going to be doing it every few years, too. So they'll be back in the Cotton Bowl either next summer or the following.

Make the pilgrimage, tre. It's so worth it. One of the best days of music ever.

Back
Top Bottom