Joanna Newsome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Well, since I cannot search this lovely borad, yes borad.. and find if Ms. Newsome has been brought up before. I will do it here and now.
I finally broke down recently and purchased The Milk Eyed Mender and its quite nice.
I realize by the way that this shouldnt be new news to many of you, however I know you sit waiting for my vote of confidence so here it is.
EP approved.....

:|

I've been listening to Milk-Eyed Mender for the last three days or so. I'm not surprised many people find her voice nails-on-blackboard grating, but I find it utterly charming. And I love her bizarre lyrics, too, :up:

Saracene said:
I've been listening to Milk-Eyed Mender for the last three days or so. I'm not surprised many people find her voice nails-on-blackboard grating, but I find it utterly charming. And I love her bizarre lyrics, too, :up:

Agreed, I figure the response is hot or cold. Her voice, while different, I think is brilliant, has a Betty Boop vibe almost.

And the harp is a great touch....

yertle-the-turtle said:
I like her voice. :up:

Figures EP's thread will get four-fold the replies mine did.

I doubt that actually, wait it already has, they werent ready yertle, they werent ready.
(btw, I found a copy of "this is my truth tell me yours" in a used bin for 3$, its mine now)

As for Ms. Newsom, more need to experience her....

I got the album today, I'm listening to it right now... until now I like it :up:

never heard of her.

as predicted, my new job is taking it's toll on my new music discoveries. :down:

you do realize your attitude is twice as arrogant as the indie types you claim to find irritating?

Zoomerang96 said:
you do realize your attitude is twice as arrogant as the indie types you claim to find irritating?

Yes. Spend 10 minutes in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, and you'll be just like me.

Zoomerang96 said:
haha, fair enough. :up:

I kid, I kid. That's all it is. :dancing:

You know if you love the music. I just knew so many people for whom having the latest "hot band's" cd was like having a new pair of Air Jordans, it made me sick.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom