Joan of Arcadia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
Just wondering if anyone watched the new show Joan of Arcadia that premiered tonite and what you thought of it?

It seems kinda interesting anyway. There's not many shows I watch on network tv these days (I'm sick of all the reality tv and trashy shows). I have mixed feelings about it tho...the first episode didn't seem too exciting, but I think I kinda liked it. I'm not sure if this show will last tho, especially given the time slot it's in.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/fall_preview_2003/shows/joan_of_arcadia.shtml

JOAN OF ARCADIA stars Tony Award winner Joe Mantegna ("Glengarry Glen Ross," "The Last Don"), Academy Award winner Mary Steenburgen ("Melvin and Howard," "Living with the Dead") and Amber Tamblyn ("The Ring") in a drama that follows a typical family facing atypical situations, not the least of which is their teenage daughter's sudden, unexpected conversations with God. Tough but soft-hearted police chief Will Girardi (Mantegna) is new to the city of Arcadia and dreams of providing a safe haven for his family and community. An outbreak of serious crime in his idyllic new town challenges Girardi's desire for order, as do the ups and downs he faces with his family. Daughter Joan (Tamblyn), an average teenager, has begun acting a little strange. No one knows that it probably has something to do with the unusual way various people keep popping up, introducing themselves as God, and then giving her specific directions to do things, like get a job. The appearances are hard for her to believe, even more so as she never knows who's going to turn up next. One minute it's a cute boy her own age, the next it's the lunch lady. For now, she's keeping it all a secret. Rounding out the Girardi family is her mom, Helen (Steenburgen), her 15-year-old science geek brother, Luke (Michael Welch), and her older brother, Kevin (Jason Ritter), a former high school sports star who is in a wheelchair as a result of a car accident. Unsure of what God wants, and if she's even sane, Joan tentatively begins to follow God's cryptic directives, all the while trying to retain a "normal" teen-aged existence.

Back
Top Bottom