Jim Carrey trivia.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedRocksU2

Blue Crack Addict
Just wanted to share this;
(I'm bored):lol:

*In his movie Liar Liar the scene where he beats himself up, no sound effects were used during that scene. Those were the actual sounds of Carrey beating himself up.

*In the film Fun with Dick and Jane the scene where Dick drops from the ceiling and drags his feet on the desk and then falls to the floor actually happened as filmed.

*He was originally cast as Dr. Evil in Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, but he had to drop out of the role due to a scheduling conflict with Liar Liar.

*Wrote letters to Tupac Shakur when Tupac was in prison to help him laugh and smile. Tupac said that Carrey was his favorite actor.

*Was originally offered the lead role in the movie Master of Disguise (2002).

*He is a fan of professional wrestling. WWE is one promotion he likes, but he states that no matter what WCW is his all-time favorite promotion.

*Actress Nicole Kidman, also a noted professional wrestling fan, jokingly blames Carrey, and her son Connor for introducing her to it whenever the subject is brought up in interviews.

*He is the celebrity to win the most MTV popcorn awards and was also the winner of the 2006 MTV Generation Award.

*He is a fan of death metal music and personally requested Cannibal Corpse's appearance in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective[4]

*He was going to play the part of Willy Wonka in the 2005 Tim Burton film Charlie and the Chocolate Factory but they took about 14 months to tell him he got the part, then it was too late as he was doing Fun with Dick and Jane.

*In 1998, Jim Carrey sang a cover of The Beatles song "I Am The Walrus" on George Martin's album In My Life.

*Three of the movies he has acted in have been made into animated TV series: Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, and The Mask on CBS, and Dumb and Dumber on ABC. None of the series lasted longer than two seasons, and none of them featured Jim Carrey's voice (Michael Bell, Rob Paulsen, and Matt Frewer were the respective voice actors).

*He was considered for the role of Captain Jack Sparrow, in the Disney film, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.

*Went through depression in the 1980s while struggling to make ends meet as a comedian.

* Carrey really does have a chipped tooth; for his role in Dumb & Dumber, he simply removed the cap.

Mary: (responding to Lloyd's question about the odds of the two ending up together) Wow Lloyd, that's difficult to say....
Lloyd: Just hit me with it! I came a long way just to see you, Mary, the least you can do is level with me.
Mary: Not good.
Lloyd: Not good like one out of a hundred?
Mary: I'd say more like one out of a million.
Lloyd: So you're telling me there's a chance! Yeah! I read ya.

Now that I'm picturing Jim Carrey as Willie Wonka (though I utterly dispised that remake) the way they made it, he would've fit pretty well :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom