Jet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Kitten

Blue Crack Addict
Who are these guys? I hear they're from Australia. Their song "Cold Hard Bitch" is a good rocker, but it's so generic and atypical I can't believe someone didn't think of it 20 or 30 years ago!

We have this thing in Australia called the 'tall poppy syndrome' where by when one is popular, one likes to cut them down. I think Aussies like the 'little aussie battler' image better than someone who 'makes it'. Anywy I fear I am doing this to Jet. I dont think that they are that great, 'Are you gonna be my girl' sounds like an Iggy Pop 'Lust for life' rip off and when I saw them live about a month ago, they were lack lustre and way too loud..........

anyway, I didnt expect much from them, I doubt they will be around for a long time, Powderfinger, Silverchair and countless other Aussie bands are better than Jet, they just got lucky:huh:

OzAurora said:
'Are you gonna be my girl' sounds like an Iggy Pop 'Lust for life' rip off

yeah, that's the first thing that crossed my mind the first time I heard that song :|

They're hardly original, but I like 'em (listening to em right now, actually). Basically a throwback band, but the songwriting is solid and catchy.

:up: I don't think a band has to be original to be good.

Plus they give out free condoms that say 'Am I going to be your girl?' and have a space to write your phone number. :laugh:

I love Jet! :) I love their cd. All the songs are pretty good, although some of their songs do sound like other bands but still...I don't care. :heart:

pffft. we have better shit to offer than this half baked bunch of tossers.
of all the bads to make it outside this continetnt, jet were chosen?

they suck vast amounts of shit and everyone here rightlyfully hates them.
:up:

:|

but i can see the appeal.

haha@the condoms

They're Australia's version of Oasis, Lenny Kravitz, The Black Crowes et al, a classicist band with little artistic merit but the ability to write a cool singalong chorus.

the vines, yes. the only good thing to come off vines is grapes.

reallyt.

and the strkes suck arse too.

ja!

sorry. i will stop highjackoing now
:D

the screaming jets :lol:

say you'll never get anywhere!
they dont care and its justy not fair, that you know
and i know better

1,2,3,4 say you'll nevber get anywaheere!!!!

hahaha.

:D

Angela Harlem said:
pffft. we have better shit to offer than this half baked bunch of tossers.
of all the bads to make it outside this continetnt, jet were chosen?

they suck vast amounts of shit and everyone here rightlyfully hates them.

:|

but i can see the appeal.

That is exactly how I feel about DMB and VA! There have been so many good bands from VA who never made it outside their hometown bars or local radio stations, and this ugly fucker who can't sing only whines and his boring, nausea inducing music hit it big. I can't stand it :scream:

HeartlandGirl said:

Agreed. Rock music doesn't always have to be about reinventing the wheel.

I agree with meeganie too. There are too many people so bent on doing something different that they suck. I'd rather hear new songs in a style that has already been done than any 'experimental' junk that may be a change but isn't any good.

U2Kitten said:

That is exactly how I feel about DMB and VA! There have been so many good bands from VA who never made it outside their hometown bars or local radio stations, and this ugly fucker who can't sing only whines and his boring, nausea inducing music hit it big. I can't stand it :scream:

:no: :|

The thing I dont get about both Jet and The Vines (the past two Aussi bands to come from nowhere and make it realatively big OS) is WHO are they sleeping with???

I mean both Jet and the Vines came from nowhere and all of a sudden are really big and at the same time there are countless other Aussie bands who are better and have been gigging up and down the countryside for years, so why are they not the ones to make it big OS, like say the Living End, Spiderbait, The Cruel Sea, the list could go on and on...

personally I cant stand that pretentious git from the Vines and Jet are going to sink real bad in Oz, cause if you cant cut it on the live circuit, then you are just not going to have an audience that will stand by you.....

Other than with U2, I've heard that bands are often most hated and unpopular in their own hometowns.

U2Kitten said:
Sorry CIB :|

It's all right. :hug: I love DMB and I think that are very popular in the U.S.A. And I don't feel good when U2 fans don't like my bands. It is because they are boy bands?Hey, you might fine this shocking but my mom loves the band Everclear! She got me in them! Anways, U2Kitten, I still really like you. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom