Jericho

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Anyone else watching this show?? Last Week was intense and this week will even be more intense with New Bern attacking Jericho.

You know I started watching this show at the beginning but just lost interest in it. There are so many other great shows on now that I just wasn't hooked.. I do like the concept of the show tho.

However, I doubt that this show will make it back for another season..:(

I confess to having watched every episode. I know it's not very good television compared with some of the really great shows out there, but it sucked me in when I was bedridden last fall. I really got into the apocalyptic survivalist stuff, I guess because I don't see it as being all that far-fetched.

I watch it. I watched every episode last season (hey I was confined to an apartment with no car, still job searching at the time). This season I've been a little lax, but I catch up On Demand every few weeks. I'm not really into it like I am Law & Order or CSI, but I like it b/c I've seen it from the beginning so I know what's happening (I've never seen Lost or 24 so I'm afraid to start watching).

OK

I'll admit to watching

also because I have seen most of the episodes, so I guess i feel some kind of commitment:huh:

often I watch on TIVO and zip through

I think it is like finishing a book I am not crazy about.

deep said:
OK

I'll admit to watching

also because I have seen most of the episodes, so I guess i feel some kind of commitment:huh:

often I watch on TIVO and zip through

I totally agree. I really liked this show in the beginning and then it went on that ten week or so hiatis (how do you spell that word?) and I just lsoe interest. I usually On Demand it but find myself fast forwarding it through a lot of it.

I do still watch it though.

Liesje said:
but I like it b/c I've seen it from the beginning so I know what's happening

deep said:
also because I have seen most of the episodes, so I guess i feel some kind of commitment

ljclary said:

I usually On Demand it but find myself fast forwarding it through a lot of it.

I do still watch it though.

:lmao:

We're all compelled to watch a show we don't care much about but because we've seen every episode we can't stop. Clearly we need a 12-step program.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
However, I doubt that this show will make it back for another season..:(

It was actually already picked up for a second season early in the year, before Heroes even...

I like this show and I don't think it's something to get embarassed about per se...

I will say the heart-warming family moments are pretty lame and the sub plots involving the kids (Hawkin's kids and the guy and girl running the store) are boring...

My favourite character is either Hawkins cus he kicks ass and Major Dad ( :love: ) he totaly runs that town... :up:

I watch, it's a nice warmup for Criminal Minds.

I will have to watch next year only to see how the battle turned out...that was a soap opera-style Friday rip off of a cliffhanger, I was pissed.

I think it's a cool show, but I agree some of the subplots are lame, mainly Dale & Skylar or whatever her name is, and Eric & the homewrecker. I don't mind Hawkins' kids though, his duaghter is gonna be hardcore. I'm still not 100% sure Hawkins is a good guy though...something there just doesn't pass the smell test.

Oh and the mayor needs to go, that dude is suspect.

CTU2fan said:

I will have to watch next year only to see how the battle turned out.

and that's how you'll get sucked in again for another whole season, lol

The series just never seemed to live up to the first episode which totally got me hooked, always wanting it to be that good again. They need some better writers. I was surprised the Dad died (I never remember anyone's names) but the writing was so bad I didn't feel a thing. That's the problem with this show. Major characters died and I didn't care. I basically only like Hawkins and the cute brother (again, writing so lame the names don't even stick with me), and honestly Hawkins is the only decent actor. Everyone else acts like soap opera actors.

U2Girl1978 said:
I love this show too but I've missed the last three weeks of it. Arghhhh...I shouldn't have come into this thread. :lol:

oops

we should have announced SPOILERS

:reject:

joyfulgirl said:

and that's how you'll get sucked in again for another whole season, lol

The series just never seemed to live up to the first episode which totally got me hooked, always wanting it to be that good again. They need some better writers. I was surprised the Dad died (I never remember anyone's names) but the writing was so bad I didn't feel a thing. That's the problem with this show. Major characters died and I didn't care. I basically only like Hawkins and the cute brother (again, writing so lame the names don't even stick with me), and honestly Hawkins is the only decent actor. Everyone else acts like soap opera actors.

exactly what happened with me! :up: I watch the first few episodes and noticed the crappy writing and totally lost interest. I knew the finale was on so I watched just to see that.. They do need better writers that is the main problem with the show. The premise is cool but that isn't gonna cut it for very long.

phanan said:

Whether that happened or not, it's been cancelled now.

Seriously?

son of a bitch... They are apparently blaming it on the mid season hiatus, like it's somehow the show's fault...

network tv sucks ass...

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/05/16/ap3727920.html

I like this part:

To counter its stodgy image, CBS has scheduled a handful of edgy new shows for the fall: a musical, a drama about a vampire and a drama about a Cuban-American family running a sugar business in Florida.

"For those of you who accuse CBS of being too conservative, you will feel differently when you see the shows we have lined up," said Leslie Moonves, chairman of CBS Corp.

wtf? :huh:

Last edited:
I am so pissed. At leas CBS could give us a Mini Series. Mother Fuckers. This was one of the only few good shows on TV.

elevated_u2_fan said:

I like this part:

wtf? :huh:

:lmao: Those ideas are pretty awful. Unless that musical is an extremely campy TV show version of Ziggy Stardust, I know I won't be interested. :wink:

a reality show, “Kid Nation,” taking “Jericho’s” place on the schedule. “Kid Nation,” a sort of “Lord of the Flies” on the Ponderosa, sounds a lot like what "Jericho" might be if you fired all the actors. Forty kids are placed in an abandoned ghost town in New Mexico and given 40 days to bring it back to life — shops, government, housing arrangements — all by themselves. It’s been years since anything worked for CBS in this time period, so why not?

Last edited:
U2Fanatic4ever said:
I saw this coming from a mile away. I knew this series wouldn't make it back for a second season. CBS is just a sucky network.:mad:
I don't get why CSI Miami is STILL on but they cancel Jericho!!
cry.gif

tlski said:

:sad: :sad: We need a crying smiley...:madspit: to cbs! We should boycott them!!!!!

Their shows suck so bad half the country is already boycotting them and don't even realize it :)

Is there any kind of site anywhere that tells which shows are cancelled/returning next year? I mean for all networks...

Back
Top Bottom