Jergen's Natural Glow lotion...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've used it and loved it. Much more subtle and mistakes aren't as obvious. Haven't used it months. Today I'm embracing my pale skin skirt and all:wink:

mmm...i found that because it contains mineral oil it made me break out. Better than this is Olay Radiance Reviver. It comes in a purple bottle, works the same way, has a MUCH better smell, and doesn't make me break out.

good to know sweetest thing. I've never found one I liked the smell of. I don't use them that much since I'm afraid of the telltale signs. I see them on other women around the toes etc.

Anyone ever done the spray on tan. That was an experience standing there naked with car wash style sprayers staining your body. I didn't go out for days. :reject: Being that dark looks very unnatural on me.

redkat said:

Anyone ever done the spray on tan. That was an experience standing there naked with car wash style sprayers staining your body. I didn't go out for days. :reject: Being that dark looks very unnatural on me.

I do it about twice a month to even out my tan. There should be two different levels available....the first one being a very small amount of color so you don't have a drastic change. It's called Mystic Tan...most tanning salons have 'em.

I was curious about it..but sounds like I might stay away:yikes:

Think I'll stick to my Netrogena Build a Tan:up: nasty smell though...but it works, you can control the darkness of it and it looks really natural. I don't know why but my stubborn Irish skin legs will NOT tan...I can fry the hell right out of them but they won't tan:mad: so I use that stuff:wink:

Hey, Dis, I tried it and like the results--but it does not smell very nice. Has that self-tanning lotion smell. I even used on my face for a "natural glow." Make sure you wash your hands after you use cause it makes your palms brown. Then you have to reapply some other lotion to your hands to keep them soft. Oh what we do to keep ourselves beautiful. :ohmy:

I tried it when I was on vacation in April, didn't work well for me..but I also didn't put the right amount of effort into it. I am like a ghost and my skin is dry. I also tried that Sally Hansen Spray On stocking thing on the same vacation, it was horrible.

If you exfoliate before the Jergens it should work better. I don't know if you can use another moisturizer under it but if you can that might help too.

It's all too much effort for me, I guess I'd rather be pale amd sickly looking :wink:

Well, I've been using it for several days on my legs and arms... and I have to say I'm pretty pleased with it. I'm extremely fair and have very dry skin. It just gives me a hint of color so that I'm not white as a ghost - which is all I really need. I wouldnt look natural if I were tan anyways. I just make sure that I exfolitate the bejeezus out of my skin before I put it on so that it's not all patchy.
I also tried that new Neutrogena airbrush type spray - horrible stuff. I looked like a zebra for a few days and had to wear pants in the 100 degree weather. I do like just the plain old Neutrogena foam that has a little tint, so that you can see where it's been applied.
I also have tried the booth before... with all the various Charlie's Angels poses. It worked fine - but looked better/more natural after a few days when it faded a bit. I'm just trying all my options for a wedding I'm in in October! The tops for the dresses are pure white and I dont want to be the same color as it.

But alas- with all my rambling - I would recommend the Jergens for my fellow fair girls... get the medium strenght!

If God meant for us to be the same colour as Oompa Loompas (!) he woudn't have provided an ozone layer!! :wink:

oompa_loompa.jpg

Last edited:
I use SexyHair Aerotan. Spray on tan that goes on smooth and SMELLS GOOD!
It's a good colour too, not too orangy.

I love it.

I just found some in someone's room, so I tried it (it's probably my mom's b/c it says For Fair Skin). I'm not really that pale though and I'm as tan as I can physically be right now since we've been at the cottage for over a week, so I can't say anything about the color. I didn't like the smell, but it worked fine as a lotion. I have the Jergen's Soft Shimmer and LOVE the smell of that and also have a giant pump bottle of St. Ives lotion and love the smell of that. If it works, I'd like to try it in the winter. I suppose I can deal w/ the smell.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom