Jem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beau2ifulday

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Jem - Finally Awoken

I saw her album advertised recently on TV, and was intrigued by her sound, but it would seem that in the space of about two weeks, she has risen from virtual obscurity to become pretty mainstream (her album and single are both in the iTunes top 10). I've listened to a couple of tracks, and thought they were ok. A little like Frou Frou meets Venus Hum. I'm unsure if I like her yet. Anyone else heard her material?

Last edited:
I really like 'They' and '24'. :up:

A friend of mine bought the album and enjoys it, so I've heard a few others of hers in passing and they seemed pretty decent too. She's more or less another Frou Frou/Dido/etc, but still pretty enjoyable.

MrBrau1 said:
Wasn't Jem a cartoon about a pop singer/superhero in the 80's?

She is truly outrageous.

jem.jpg

I too have heard "They" and "24." I like both songs a lot and am eager to hear more. :up:

I got a compilation CD with a magazine that had "They" on it, and I love it. I'd like to get her album.

It's not a bad CD. Kind of mellow. Obviously, the song They is the most well known. Closer is pretty good too. I remember when the movie Closer came out, during the previews for it on TV, they would have that song playing.

Back
Top Bottom