Jack Black Elopes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
Mar 14, 2006, 12:55 PM PT

King Kong's Jack Black is one up on his even more hirsute costar: In the end, he got the girl.

The big-screen funnyman has eloped with his girlfriend, musician Tanya Haden, People reports. While there's no word on when exactly the couple tied the knot, one thing's for sure: Black's new father-in-law couldn't be happier.

"They love each other very much," renowned jazz bassist Charlie Haden told the magazine. "We're thrilled."

Black's publicist, Matt Labov, was much more reticent, however. He declined to confirm or deny the report.

Black, 36, and Haden, 34, first met while attending Crossroads High School in Santa Monica, a school heavy on the perfroming arts, though they were never romantically involved. It was only last spring that they reconnected, shortly after Black's split from his longtime girlfriend, comedian Laura Kightlinger, and began dating.

"I had a crush on her," the School of Rock star told GQ magazine last January. "We weren't, like, close buddies. She was too pretty, and I was scared to talk to her."

According to GQ, the duo bumped into each other last April at a mutual friend's birthday party for which Black's two-man band, Tenacious D, was performing.

"And Tanya was there, and as usual, it was like it always was," Black said. "I got really nervous and I talked to her...and it's been great. I'm really crazy about her."

The newlyweds' relationship indeed seemed to be fairy tale-like from the start.

Shortly after their relationship began, Black recounted to GQ, "I obsessively compulse over things, and she's the center of my obsessive-compulsive energy vortex of pain right now. I can't stop thinking about her."

According to In Touch, Black proposed to Haden just after Christmas, sealing the deal with a $220,000 ring from jeweler Neil Lane.

Haden, like her famous father, is a musician, having played cello in the Haden Triplets with her sisters--Rachel and Petra--and yes, they're really triplets. (Petra Haden recently released the acclaimed a cappella cover album The Who Sell Out.) Tanya Haden also has worked as an animator.

As for Black, prior to his surprise nuptials, he had been linked with writer-comic Kightlinger since 1997, appearing together on countless red carpets and frequently engaging in PDA-heavy antics. The duo quietly split at the beginning of last year.

Unfortunately for the new twosome, their honeymoon period may not last as long as they would've hoped.

Black is set for a busy year, with no less than five upcoming films, including the comedy Nacho Libre, where he plays a Mexican priest who moonlights as a martial arts master; the romantic comedy The Holiday, opposite Jude Law, Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz; and the near-to-his heart Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny. The latter is a fictionalized biopic, and will tell the tale of how he and buddy Kyle Glass came to form their stoner-beloved acoutic metal band. All three films are due out this year.

Now that he's gone groom, Black might also be cashing in his "plus one" for the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards. The comedian is set to host the kid-centric kudos Apr. 1.

Wow!! :applaud: Another good match. I love these stories where it's a couple who went to school together but didn't date....then saw one another again and sparks flew and the rest becomes history.....who would've known? This is almost like a fairy tale. Jack Black is wacky/crazy.....I'd love to go out with him, or with Adam Sandler.

Congratulations to Jack and Tanya!

jblack.jpg

Back
Top Bottom