I've Just Seen a Face - CSGW Thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing I've always found that's given me some faith in a Higher Power is Science itself

Energy cannot be created or destroyed

But it was created at one point in History; so either Science is completely wrong or there exists something that's above the laws of Science

I believe that the universe exists because it is a paradox. The end and beginning of the universe have always existed. So the universe began because it ended and it ended because it began.

I believe that the universe exists because it is a paradox. The end and beginning of the universe have always existed. So the universe began because it ended and it ended because it began.

But eventually it had to begin somewhere; sometime the Universe was created. I don't know if this is the first or millionth universe but there was one that was the first and it had to be created

You are thinking in too linear of terms.

I don't see how you can think about it any other way; at some point in time something has to be created there's no way around that. A universe can't end if it's not created. I don't see what else there is to it; Universe number 1 was created, Universe 2 came from 1, 3 came from 2 etc

I think the thought of having you eyes open and being able to see your own death happening but being unable to move is terrifying...

And hear around you as well. I don't think that's too far fetched of an idea. It IS proven that the brain lives longer than the body, and people who wish to donate their eyes do so a few hours after dying. That's even more scarier - the thought of your eyes still being able to work a few hours after you're gone and trying to open them but you can't coz you're physically not able to :yikes:

I don't see how you can think about it any other way; at some point in time something has to be created there's no way around that. A universe can't end if it's not created. I don't see what else there is to it; Universe number 1 was created, Universe 2 came from 1, 3 came from 2 etc

It is infinite as it has two starting points, the end and the beginning. It has always existed because both started at the same moment. They were the cause and effect of the other and the cause and effect of themselves.

My friend Adam and I had this really interesting discussion: He's an atheist and we were talking about this same thing. He told me through some science program and intense discussions with doctors etc, that when you die, your body is physically dead. BUT your brain and all senses still work. That's where the term "deathbed" and "last dying wish" came from originally - if you died and your eyes are open, you will still be able to SEE what's going on around you, for about 6 to 8 minutes. The brain and the senses die after the body dies. So you'll still be able to HEAR, SEE etc. For about 6 to 8 minutes after you have "physically" died, the brain still lives on a bit longer.

That was the most terrifying thing I heard.

I don't think that's scary at all as it is all about perception. Everyone is assuming that we would be percieving these events as we would normally. Is it not possible that we experience those minutes differently?

Yeah but still Justin.... don't you find it at all scary?

Cassie: food :drool: I'm planning on making something yummy today too!

It is infinite as it has two starting points, the end and the beginning. It has always existed because both started at the same moment. They were the cause and effect of the other and the cause and effect of themselves.

I really disagree with this and think it's practically impossible

If I have a species of one and it dies when it reproduces then we have basically what the universe is but there was a singular starting point. At least in my mind, I just can't agree with something like that

Me too - I live for logic. But the religious in me does try to find a happy medium between both - so far I've failed to.

I mean to quote Cassie!!

We'll have to disagree then. :wink:

I think we are biased in how we see the Universe here on Earth

How can we say anything concrete about something like the Universe when we've never left our own Solar System?

We can see things; see light, see everything but sometimes things are different then how we perceive them

Because religion argues that God created all and science argues that the universe created itself...

Science also argues energy can't be created, so Science argues that things can always exist which means they can never disprove God meaning the argument in the end is pointless.

They're too completely different things in my mind

Religion should be a belief in a Higher Power
And Science is a belief that we can explain why things are

I don't see why there is a need for argument

Did you fix the typos?! :lol:

No but see, Islam - the religion I have most knowledge/experience of argues that only God and miracles created the Earth and subsequent life, everything. Nothing was a coincidence.

Did you fix the typos?! :lol:

No but see, Islam - the religion I have most knowledge/experience of argues that only God and miracles created the Earth and subsequent life, everything. Nothing was a coincidence.

Well then it's pretty obvious religion is wrong then isn't it? Basing claims on what something someone said years ago is pretty stupid no? Religious texts were made and edited by men to suit what they wanted to say, the fact we still have faith in them is stupidity

I really think people should really revisit the original religious scripts; if anything they'd be the most unbiased ones

Well then it's pretty obvious religion is wrong then isn't it? Basing claims on what something someone said years ago is pretty stupid no? Religious texts were made and edited by men to suit what they wanted to say, the fact we still have faith in them is stupidity

I really think people should really revisit the original religious scripts; if anything they'd be the most unbiased ones

That brings another thought to mind - how do we know for sure that the old scripts were 100% accurate? How do we know anything wasn't altered then, or throughout the years? How do we know for sure if these revelations from God contained the same messages that were written? :hmm: Something to ponder...

Btw I asked you if you fixed my typos! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom