i've got a challenge for you, and it's awesome cool.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that is TOTALLY awesome.

except we wouldn't be allowed to post the links.

:angry:

what??

why not?

that's the whole point of this thread.

let's do this somewhere else then, shall we? would you be interested, hitman?

if it's copyrighted, officially released stuff, the mods will remove the links.

we could do this somewhere else, if someone else comes up with the list.

i'm pretty sure my list would only include songs from the past 10 - 15 years (i.e. no beatles, zep, floyd, etc.) and everyone would hate it - with the exception of possibly you. ;)

no, you come up with the list and i definitely don't want songs older than 20 years from now!

do it!

bear, do you think it's possible that you and i may not be in the best position to critique each other's musical taste?

hmmm???

Why the hell do people waste their time ranking shit like that?

you totally missed the point.

TOTALLY.

really, i'm not sure you could have been further off.

take a rest, typhoon and come back after a bit of a breather.

do i really need to explain this to you? you're such a brilliant guy otherwise, this is embarassing.

It would be cool.

But 300 is an unmanageable number. Far too many links.

We could get around posting links by simple emailing them at request after the list is posted?

Cool idea but.....Who has the time to

1) Rank 300 songs and post 300 links?

2) Download 300 hundred songs and listen to them?

:huh:

yeah, that's exactly what i was thinking.

three hundred is ridiculous, noone has time for that.

but a top 30?

maybe?

and to make things simpler, let's say no u2 allowed. we all have those songs anyway, no need to upload those.

really, i'm 7ust interested in hearing some amazing songs that i've never heard before.

I'm not good at ranking music...it's always too hard for me because I love the music that I love so much that I always hate putting song x above/below song y and so on.

Zoomerang96 said:
yeah, that's exactly what i was thinking.

three hundred is ridiculous, noone has time for that.

but a top 30?

maybe?

and to make things simpler, let's say no u2 allowed. we all have those songs anyway, no need to upload those.

really, i'm 7ust interested in hearing some amazing songs that i've never heard before.

So, lets do it. It's kind of a project, so we'll need some time. And no U2, for the reasons you stated.

How about each person do their write up of 30 songs w/o MP3 links. Post it, with one YSI link of a word document, which will contain the write up, as well as hyperlinks?

That might avoid trouble.

perhaps...

my biggest problem, without question, is the fact that i'm stuck with a 56k modem.

uploading is balls with that.

we'll see what i can do though... i really want to do this because i never have before, and this gives me an excellent opportunity to tout my favourite songs.

Perhaps it would be easier for bear if someone burned it onto a cd and sent it to him. I'll volunteer if no one else wants to do it.

Good idea btw

maybe it would make more sense if IIIIIII burned a cd and sent it to someone else to upload?

that would work too, no?

at least for songs on my list, that is.

Zoomerang96 said:
maybe it would make more sense if IIIIIII burned a cd and sent it to someone else to upload?

that would work too, no?

at least for songs on my list, that is.
that makes sense.

but how would you get the songs on other people's lists?

lmjhitman said:

that makes sense.

but how would you get the songs on other people's lists?

Maybe we could set up an email account :hmm: Send one mail each with our uploads to that account and voila!

Could work!

in 2002 I made this thread

http://forum.interference.com/t66396.html

it has no commentary or download...

but the kind of response i got was pathetic..

from 2002 to now , there are lot of new bands that would have songs in my top 100... the obsession with radiohead as well U2 has reduced..while obsession with oasis/ blur/travis/coldplay/depeche mode has surprisely increased....

does anyone remember...

:wink:

AcrobatMan said:

it has no commentary or download...

but the kind of response i got was pathetic..

I remember. It's all about the downloads, baby. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom