iTunes leaks new album from the Shins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coemgen

Rock n' Roll Doggie
If you go to their Top Albums for the day, the pre-order is No. 3 or so, then near the bottom is the album itself. Now that's funny.

It looks like it'd still work to me. When you go to order it is it different? It's all set up to order if you're looking at the version of the album that's at No. 86 on the Top Albums chart.

Oh yeah, I nabbed the one towards the bottom and put it in my cart.

When I went to download it said it was "unavailable in my store"

Nickelback will start making good music before The Shins start making lame music.

That's a longass time.

Thanks for the link! :up:

I managed to hear the album, and it is quite strong. Very eclectic, as one might suspect, although it struck me as somewhat over-produced.

I thought it was great, from what I heard. RS only gave it 3.5 stars. I think it sounded like a 4 to me, but I didn't hear it all the way through.

speaking of iTunes, they need to put Queen Greatest Hits I&II back at 7.99!!! i was going to buy it after i saw it, so i come home to buy it and voila! it's back at 34!

stupid iTunes

The torrent is everywhere.

Months? :drool:

But yeah, if the 5.99 rumors at Best Buy for the first week are true, I'm buying it when it comes out.

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:
The torrent is everywhere.

Months? :drool:

But yeah, if the 5.99 rumors at Best Buy for the first week are true, I'm buying it when it comes out.

Me too. I probably won't pre-order it though...I got the new Beck and Killers albums about 3 days later than everyone else when I did that. :madspit:

screw that.

if you're paying 9.99, pay 9.99 for the hard copy.

like on 3/06/07

Neon Bible, bitches!

i really like the shins. just heard this album but i didn't like it as much as i thought i would.

phantom limb and australia are good tracks.

I put on some monster, noise-cancelling headphones to listen to this, and it's so amazing.

When "Sleeping Lessons" fully kicks in... words just cannot express man.

Super Chill Moments galore with this album.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I put on some monster, noise-cancelling headphones to listen to this, and it's so amazing.

When "Sleeping Lessons" fully kicks in... words just cannot express man.

Super Chill Moments galore with this album.

Absolutely, man. I listened to this last night all the way through, and I can say this is at least as good as anything they've ever done. They've turned into a full-on stadium rock band with actual production values, and they did it right(!)

Sleeping Lessons is magical. You can feel the volume when the song gets moving.
Australia is lovely.
Pam Berry rocks.
Phantom Limb is gorgeous and should have been a lot bigger of a single than it currently has been.
Sea Legs is my favorite Shins song. That should be enough.
Red Rabbits has some lovely melodies, and is very enjoyable.

Everything else is strong as well.

The best pop album of 2007, and it's only January. :up:

Last edited:
"A Comet Appears" actually is the most gorgeous song they've done since "New Slang"

I like this album way more than "Chutes Too Narrow" but just a little less than "Oh, Inverted World", just because it doesn't have "Caring is Creepy"

Actually, my favorite Shins album opener is Kissing The Lipless, which is one reason why Chutes Too Narrow is even up there with either album. The band has made two great albums and one very good one. I guess we'll have to wait a while for them to screw up, though it will happen someday. :|

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom