ITunes/iPod question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ruffian said:
how do you add album art??? i need to do that!

Chrissi, does this mean I should have my Bono moans in a hidden file on my ipod?

what I've been doing is going to amazon - looking up the album and saving the picture of the album to my compture then uploading it to iTunes (just go to the song - highlight it - click get information- go to artwork and then browse until you get the right file

not as time consuming as it sounds :nerd:

as for the hidden file - might be a good idea - the phone message was heard by a former boyfriend who was a little disturbed that I had a random phone message from Bono saved on the iPod

he didn't work out too well:wink:

nurse chrissi said:

what I've been doing is going to amazon - looking up the album and saving the picture of the album to my compture then uploading it to iTunes (just go to the song - highlight it - click get information- go to artwork and then browse until you get the right file

not as time consuming as it sounds :nerd:

as for the hidden file - might be a good idea - the phone message was heard by a former boyfriend who was a little disturbed that I had a random phone message from Bono saved on the iPod

he didn't work out too well:wink:

ok, that sounds incredibly tedious, given that I have about 200 albums loaded on. :no:

as for the ex boyfriend...I have JUST the lipgloss for him if you want to send him my way :wink:

Redkat, I'll see if I can find the files and will upload them for you.

my method:

select all the songs from 1 album. then go to amazon and find the album, click on the cover so it shows the bigger image.
then drag to the bottom left of the itunes window (where it says "Drag album art here" ) i think you have to enable the album art box to show up somehow

ruffian said:
how do you add album art??? i need to do that!

Chrissi, does this mean I should have my Bono moans in a hidden file on my ipod?

I was wondering the same thing.......so I looked around and found this.....i'll try it and see if it works...

"You have to add the art yourself. Amazon is good source for copy and pasting art, and my favourite is www.coveralia.com, but you have to put the artist in "Buscador:" as the site is Spanish, but the rest is self explanatory.
If you want to add art to the whole album, go the library view, and change the sort order to album. Highlight all the songs, and then right click and take the option for get info. You then get an option of are you sure, and then you will see a screen with a section to paste the art. This way, the art will appear for all the songs selected, and will save you pasting for each song.
Also try a search for art fetching programs, as there are some out there, but not sure which ones are Windows or Apple based - I've always done mine manually."

the rockin edge said:
my method:

select all the songs from 1 album. then go to amazon and find the album, click on the cover so it shows the bigger image.
then drag to the bottom left of the itunes window (where it says "Drag album art here" ) i think you have to enable the album art box to show up somehow

:hyper:

I :heart: you so much

Chrissi, thanks for the YSI. I had not listened to the sleepy Bono voice in months :drool:

My iPod quality is getting so much better

just added the Bono/Alicia Keys AND Peter Gabriel/Kate Bush 'Don't Give Up's

:drool:

both are fan-freakin'-tastic

RedrocksU2 said:

I was wondering the same thing.......so I looked around and found this.....i'll try it and see if it works...

"You have to add the art yourself. Amazon is good source for copy and pasting art, and my favourite is www.coveralia.com, but you have to put the artist in "Buscador:" as the site is Spanish, but the rest is self explanatory.
If you want to add art to the whole album, go the library view, and change the sort order to album. Highlight all the songs, and then right click and take the option for get info. You then get an option of are you sure, and then you will see a screen with a section to paste the art. This way, the art will appear for all the songs selected, and will save you pasting for each song.
Also try a search for art fetching programs, as there are some out there, but not sure which ones are Windows or Apple based - I've always done mine manually."
aha! this explains how to copy one cover art for all the songs. thanks! :up:

Amazon's cover qualities are a mixed bag though, the newer releases have better picture quality than the rest

ruffian said:
is there another site you like?

That was the only one I had tried, but I had noticed it during my upload-spree

and that link makes me angry :mad: It's too easy :wink:

nurse chrissi said:

thank you
I just spent waaay too much time finding an album cover for that:reject:

you're welcome, I spent about 15 minutes looking, then went "fuck it" and used the 1964-1967 album cover :wink:

Can someone please help? I just downloaded the Bono message, but I am hard of hearing and can't understand half of it. Would someone be so kind as to tell me what he says? Much appreciated!

nurse chrissi said:

thank you
I just spent waaay too much time finding an album cover for that:reject:

It's on one of the two past masters compilations...that's the most common place to find it. Use that cover.

This is a call Bono made in the middle of the night to a woman who was organizing a fan event. He was supposed to call her earlier but he'd forgotten so he left her this message on her answering machine. He sounds very sleepy throughout the message.

"Kim, it's Bono...um......I got a message to call you i think...you've got something on this this evening. I've just been asleep in bed and i woke up and thought, "there's something I meant to do today...and I think it was you...Into the Heart." So, um, guess it must be too late. (yawn) oh boy, i'm talkin' in my sleep here. But what i will do is call tomorrow. I think it's Saturday and Sunday. Everybody is getting together so maybe we can set up something for tomorrow...I'll call around lunchtime tomorrow. (end of message)

Second message immediately following in MacPhisto voice:

sings, "into the heart of a child, I can stay awhile. Oh yes, Oh yes, I can stay awhile my arse. Hello boys, hello girls...MacPhisto here. Innocence has turned to experience... and you? Decadence? oh no. YOu wouldn't know the meaning of the word. I, on the other hand know rather alot of the subject, which i believe has to do with the sweet aroma of spoiled opportunity. That's where I am right now. I'm just about to taste of it..."

:drool:

Back
Top Bottom