It's the official NFL Offseason, Free Agency, 2006 Draft, yadda yadda yadda thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And even with that help from Brett Far-ver-re, The Eagles are still in free fall.
Well the Eagles' dynasty was fun while it lasted, how many SuperBowls did they win again?

Where the fuck did that come from?

Sure, I hate the Pats, but show me where that was implied or stated in any way from that photo...?

:scratch:

One look at the mock drafts out there, and this much is true:

Nobody has any clue what the hell will happen tomorrow.

I mean, they usually don't anyway, but with some years you have a better idea than others.

This is one of those years where you don't.

Mel Kiper has a track record for accuracy.
The last 10 years, 10 first round mocks, he has correctly nailed 6 out of 312 possible selections...doesn't get any better than that.

What the hell is Houston thinking?

as Stl alluded to, CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

HOUSTON -- All NFL drafts have lots of intrigue near the top. This year, the Houston Texans pulled off a shocker.

The Texans signed North Carolina State defensive end Mario Williams on Friday night, snubbing Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush for the No. 1 overall selection in one of the most surprising moves in NFL history.

I am confused as to why the Titans took Vince Young over Matt Leinart. Did they have to sedate Norm Chow before making that pick?

The owner really wanted him, and he has the final say, so :shrug:

Interesting that he fell to Arizona.

Other than that, not too many shockers so far. The biggest one happened last night.

I thought the Pats would take one of the top receivers when both fell, but they went with a RB, which I really can't argue against as Dillon is getting up there and seems to be hurt every other week.

They've got a ton of picks still, so hopefully we'll see some movement in the second and third rounds and nab a good LB, DB, or WR.

well...they got the #1 (or 2 pending on what you think) WR in the draft as well.

now i expect to see LB and CB out the ass for the rest of the draft and possibly a K.

Yeah, I saw that shortly after my last post.

Chad Jackson is an absolute steal at that spot. Most projections had him going in the mid to late first round. I'm very happy with the first two picks.

I'm a bit puzzled at the selection of a tight end in the third round, but heh, the Patriots like a lot of multiple tight end sets, and they lost Christian Fauria, so they are just filling another hole, even though I didn't think it was as big of a hole as, say, linebacker.

All in all, a good first day.

All in all, they did but they ended and have started day 2....

Near the end of the 3rd round, #93, was big tight end Dominique Byrd to St. Louis; great hands...and this morning, #101 is Big hitting safety Darnell Bing..where else, Oakland...

Last edited:
phanan said:
And on the reverse side, USC had a really bad day...

Considering the number of players from USC that were drafted, since we didn't haveat least three of the top 10, I guess it was a bad day.

not quite sure what the giants were doing drafting a DE with their 1st round pick, but whatever... i like the pick of moss in the second round.

i did get a good chuckle out of the j-e-t-s-jets-jets-jets though. let's draft lineman to protect our non existant offense, and then when given a chance in the 2nd round to pick lendale white, trade down instead. yayyyyy go jets.

apparently, considering the 1st round picks by the texans and titans, some GMs in the NFL went to the isiah thomas school of general managing.

the only way this year's draft makes sense for the Jets is if they believe that someone like a brady quinn is a significantly better NFL prospect than leinart or cutler. if that's the case, then the Jets did a decent job... but it's juuuust a bit of a risk. the jets will have a last place schedule... so ya gotta figure they'll win a few games. 5-11, 4-12... something like that. :shrug: i dunno... nothing the jets do seems to make sense to me anymore... starting with them moving their base of operations off long island into jersey, completely eliminating any sort of regional advantage they may have had over the giants.

I wouldn't write off the Jets so fast. They picked up Kellen Clemens in the second round, who many believe can be a very good quarterback. If he blossoms like they think he might, and you combine that with two possible anchors on the offensive line for years to come, that's not a bad start.

That doesn't mean this year is any better - it's not. But they could've found their QB of the future and develop him for the following season.

nbcrusader said:

Considering the number of players from USC that were drafted, since we didn't haveat least three of the top 10, I guess it was a bad day.

I'm not sure if you are being straightforward or sarcastic, but I was commenting on the fact that pretty much all of their players went lower than what was originally projected, not how many actually got drafted.

phanan said:
I wouldn't write off the Jets so fast. They picked up Kellen Clemens in the second round, who many believe can be a very good quarterback. If he blossoms like they think he might, and you combine that with two possible anchors on the offensive line for years to come, that's not a bad start.

That doesn't mean this year is any better - it's not. But they could've found their QB of the future and develop him for the following season.

true ya never know if one of these mid to late round QBs can turn into a great player... coughcoughcoughjoemontanatombradycoughcoughcough...

Apparently Steve McNair has reached a deal with the Baltimore Ravens. The Titans just have to figure out how to let him go now.

If he can stay healthy, he really improves that team and makes the AFC North that much tougher.

That's a big if though...

The Eagles had a GREAT draft to the point where a newspaper in DALLAS wrote an article praising it. They filled in a lot of needs, and I wouldn't count them out for another NFC East spree.

Back
Top Bottom