It's that time of the year, so preheat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EPandAmerica

New Yorker
the oven to 350 degrees F and bake something scrumptious!

Here is the recipe that I tried out this morning.

Banana Nut Bread

* 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour * 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon baking soda * 1/4 cup butter
* 1/2 teaspoon salt * 3 bananas mashed
* 1 cup sugar * 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts

(I also added a dash of vanilla and cinnamon.)

Grease two 7x3 inch loaf pans.

In one bowl, whisk together flour, soda, salt and sugar. Mix in slightly beaten eggs, soft butter and mashed bananas and nuts as desired.

Pour into pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

:drool: :drool:

Who's next? Post your favorite cool weather recipe!

mmmmmmmm, banana nut bread. I would kill for some of my Mommy's banana nut bread.

Dad and I used to make banana nut bread all the time when I was little. :cute:

I'm not much of a cook though...I don't have any recipes! I could post Dad's recipe for his Christmas cookies...but nobody can make those cookies like Dad can, so why bother? :tongue: :cute: :heart:

MMMMMMMMMmmmmmm...banana nut bread

I get cold really easily so I just put on woolly socks and drink lactose-free hot chocolate....mmm, lactose free.

I can't think of any recipes off the top of my head, but I know warm apple pie is to die for. :wink:

:yes:
I just made Pumpkin bread last week...it is that time of year!
Going to the craft store tonight for Xmas craft ideas!

nutmeg???

yum, i :heart: christmasey baking....fall and winter are the best...lots of happy, warm & fuzzy feeling-inspiring food....I need to raid my recipies... :)

no stovetop OR nutmeg? :mad: to giant.

meegannie said:
There was NO STOVETOP STUFFING at the grocery store yesterday. :scream:

How dare they not keep such an important staple in excess during these cold months...what's next? No potatoes in the summer for potato salad?

uhh...you're obviously not residing in Singapore right now.

i think i will just be sticking my head in the freezer while ya'll are eating warm, baked goodies ;)

it sucks too, because i'm used to a cold winter, and being able to savor the taste of a freshly baked pies, breads, cookies, etc. :drool:

:(

Last edited:
TripThruUreWires said:
uhh...you're obviously not residing in Singapore right now.

i think i will just be sticking my head in the freezer while ya'll are eating warm, baked goodies ;)

it sucks too, because i'm used to a cold winter, and being able to savor the taste of a freshly baked pies, breads, cookies, etc. :drool:

:(

and you're obviously not living in south dakota now.

SATRAD_STILL.jpg

so yeah, no more "going places" for me...for...a few days at least. :sigh:

somehow i am not comforted foray *shrug*

Lilly said:
and you're obviously not living in south dakota now.

i believe the trite saying goes something like, "the grass is greener on the other side" (not that i would even be able to see signs of grass on your side of the fence :p )

i would much rather be trapped in by a snowstorm than filling 20 buckets plus with my sweat every single time i step outside into this God forsaken weather.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom