It's friggin' New Jersey, dammit!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
East Rutherford, New Jersey.

Giants Stadium is in New Jersey, folks. I won't argue that they should be the New Jersey Jets or New Jersey Giants, because those arguments get old and annoying.

But when a concert is played in a stadium that is located in New Jersey and owned by the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority, don't say you're "live from New York" after every friggin' commercial break. :mad:

[/rant]

North Jersey is New York's sixth borough.

South Jersey is East Philadelphia.

Jersey's actually just the middle. It's quite the small state.

waynetravis said:
New Joisey

:|

That annoys me so much when people ask me if I live in Jersey that[i/] way.

As Phillyfan said, South Jersey is part of Philly, but that's alright, because we know good cheesesteaks:drool:

U2vertigofly said:

:|

As Phillyfan said, South Jersey is part of Philly, but that's alright, because we know good cheesesteaks:drool:

:love:

FTMFW.

Philly :love: I would like to move out there someday. It's become my home away from home after several visits. :drool:

Quite frankly, Philadelphia is the most amazing thing I've ever seen. I'ma have some cheese doodles.

In all honesty and not mocking the guy mocking Stephen A. Smith (see the last post), I sincerely enjoy living in Philly. It's dirty, but so is dirt, and that never stopped baseball. So, why not?

phillyfan26 said:
Quite frankly, Philadelphia is the most amazing thing I've ever seen. I'ma have some cheese doodles.

Spencer Hawes! I hereby declare you a bust!

Philly's a city with some real history, too. The only history Orlando has is that it's home to Di$ney, the happiest money-grubbing corporation on Earth.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Philly's a city with some real history, too. The only history Orlando has is that it's home to Di$ney, the happiest money-grubbing corporation on Earth.

When I was in Orlando, I saw a huge strike of Disney workers there, a lot of support and some media attention. The one guy had a sign that said "Mickey is a RAT" which I enjoyed.

Camden is a nice place, huh!

phillyfan26 said:
North Jersey is New York's sixth borough.

South Jersey is East Philadelphia.

Jersey's actually just the middle. It's quite the small state.

INDEED!

When you are from Norther NJ or Southern NJ, you often say "I am from the NYC -or- Philly area" - NOT "I am from East Rutherford, NJ -OR- Camden, NJ"

There are advantages to living so close to these places!

U2vertigofly said:

:up:

phillyfan26 said:

When I was in Orlando, I saw a huge strike of Disney workers there, a lot of support and some media attention. The one guy had a sign that said "Mickey is a RAT" which I enjoyed.

It's as close to being a dictatorship as humanly possible. Well, apart from the actual government.

I had a professor in college who was also from Jersey. He used to say, "Y'know, we're the smartest state around. In California, they put their highways all through the nice parts, all along the coasts. We put all our highways through the shitty parts, and keep the good stuff to ourselves."

phillyfan26 said:
In all honesty and not mocking the guy mocking Stephen A. Smith (see the last post), I sincerely enjoy living in Philly. It's dirty, but so is dirt, and that never stopped baseball. So, why not?
What are the cool parts of the city to check out besides the obvious touristy crap (Penn's Landing, Independence Mall, etc)? I used to live in the burbs in SE Pennsylvania and found trips into Philly to see the Flyers thoroughly depressing when I wandered around the actual city before the game.

Being 16, I can't really talk about the nightlife having not experienced much. I know there are a lot of bars and nightclubs around Old City, a few blocks from all the tourist stuff.

If you wander around the sports complex, there's really nothing to do until you reach the Geno's-Pat's corner, almost a mile away. The complex is pretty seperated from the rest of the city.

I spend more time in the burbs, being that I live there.

Yeah, I gotta give Philly another chance when I go visit the folks around Christmas.

Canadiens1160 said:
Yeah, I gotta give Philly another chance when I go visit the folks around Christmas.

Despite the fact I HATE coming here to work (I am here all summer), I do enjoy my free time here. I can just about always find something interesting to do or explore. They have a decent music scene with some good venues.

I am not sure I would want to live here, but again, I enjoy the social visit.

Back
Top Bottom