It was a Zoo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemon Meringue

Rock n' Roll Doggie
So for my lunchbreak today I went to the local Zoo. This was the first nice day we've had for a while. Beautiful, sunny and 80 degrees F. It is only about 3 miles from where I work. The place was packed with families and others on lunch break. What a great way to spend an hour. It's free and has free parking. :up:

Polarbearstretch.jpg

The Polar Bears were lounging and swimming.

I feel refreshed. :)

Aww, the zoo. How nostaligic. :)

I wish our local zoo was free. :angry: I also wish it would stop raining so I could go!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

I love Como park :heart: my grandparents live in Highland, not too far from St. Thomas, and they used to take us there all the time when we were little.

:sad: I haven't been to Como park in years.

I used to work at the zoo!! Roger Williams Park Zoo, voted one of the top 10 in the US in 2000! :D I know many of the animals by name. I miss them.

Woohoo! Zoos are fun! :)That's funny you posted this thread - my friends and i were planning on hopping down to Omaha to go to the zoo and to catch a couple College World Series games.

Last edited:
Im glad to see the weather cleared up for ya guys heh heh :mac: btw, just how long is your works lunch break so that you can visit a zoo during it?? :der:

Cleasai said:
Im glad to see the weather cleared up for ya guys heh heh :mac: btw, just how long is your works lunch break so that you can visit a zoo during it?? :der:

The zoo is less than 10 minutes from my office, so I can drive there and easily spend a half hour or so there and then get back to work in less than an hour. I could go longer if I really wanted to, I don't take a luch every day and they don't monitor me anyway. (I'm an outside Sales Rep.) :tongue:

I think I'll go again some time next week. :yes: Maybe Friday if it's nice. :hmm:

Schmeg, how cool that you worked at a zoo! I would love that.

I expect to hear reports of any weekend Zoo visits from kariatari, KhanadaRhodes or tiny dancer or anyone else that goes. Let's hear about the cool animals that you see. :)

Isn't he cute! :heart:
grvzbra.jpg

Working at the zoo was the best job ever. I was a gift cart cashier, which meant for two summers I sat on my ass and sold overpriced crap. I was so good at it, I was promoted to gift cart supervisor and was in charge of people who sat on their asses and sold crap...and then I ate a lot of free ice cream.

Here are some of my animals:

Two of my elephants; I think that's Ginny in the foreground (she's the biggest) and Alice in the background (the littlest).
337887%3B923232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E23233%3A7626257ot1lsi

My polar bears ( :heart: ) Trixie (on top) and Norton (paw over face)
337887%3B923232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E23233%3A7626262ot1lsi

Trixie and her baby Kobe born in November 2000...she was about 7 months old here.
337887%3B923232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2328%3D4%3B6%3D85%3C%3Dxroqdf%3E23233%3A7626394ot1lsi

Back
Top Bottom