Islands in the Sun - CSGW Thread...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:up: That has to be neat having a tattoo that has significance. It seems like those would be the best ones.

All of mine do. :wink: I can't imagine getting one that doesn't have at least some significance to me. I've already got a plan for another, hopefully by the summer. :D

Neat. :hi5:

I would never know what to get a tattoo of. I don't know what would stay timeless. :hmm:

My philosophy is that it doesn't have to be something that will be timeless, necessarily. I personally go for things that are really meaningful to me at that specific time, so that I can look back and remember exactly what was going on and how I felt then. Like the angel, it's from an Explosions in the Sky cover, and even though I don't listen to them everyday like I used to, their albums had such a huge impact on me musically, and I like the gesture that the angel is making, that it doesn't matter if I listen to them specifically because of the other impacts it had on me.

Same with the quote, actually. I still find it incredibly profound and motivating, but other people that I show it to think it's really depressing. :lol: But, when I got it, it was one of the only quotes that I couldn't get out of my head because of what it meant to me. And, again, I don't listen to Ben Harper as much anymore, and I haven't heard the song that it comes from in months, but the quote still takes me back to last year and how I felt while I was adjusting to college, and I needed that pushing quote to keep reminding me why I'm doing what I am.

That was a little long...:lol:

:wave: Hey John

I don't have a vinyl player but it was only 99 cent to buy so...:lol:

I now own four U2 singles on vinyl :lol:

What are the other three singles? :up:

My philosophy is that it doesn't have to be something that will be timeless, necessarily. I personally go for things that are really meaningful to me at that specific time, so that I can look back and remember exactly what was going on and how I felt then.

I can understand that. :up:

Guys ""It's kind of pastoral," said Bono. It bodes well for the album that will follow No Line On the Horizon, which has, he says, "the idea of pilgrimage at its centre", and is made up of the "quieter, more meditative songs" that did not make it on to this one. "Intimacy is the new punk rock," Bono added, laughing. But is it the new stadium rock?"

Another album? :hyper:

Guys ""It's kind of pastoral," said Bono. It bodes well for the album that will follow No Line On the Horizon, which has, he says, "the idea of pilgrimage at its centre", and is made up of the "quieter, more meditative songs" that did not make it on to this one. "Intimacy is the new punk rock," Bono added, laughing. But is it the new stadium rock?"

Another album? :hyper:

Pilgrimage? :shifty: I don't want to get too excited but that sounds like an album released during the tour. :hyper:

Also meditative sounds more like their work with Rubin. :hmm:

Hey Justin! Mine's black and white :uhoh:
Having a good day?

Yes, he was absolutely brilliant in Walk The Line, and I was really hoping he'd get the Oscar for it. But that appearance on Letterman..... I dunno, some people are saying it's an act, some are saying he's drugged.... either way, it's just sad and awful. :slant:

Oh I just read somewhere that it was an act.... Casey Affleck who's his BIL is making a Borat-style mockumentary on this whole celebrity thing and Dave was in on it too - when the show ended, Joaquin said "good job" to Letterman. I hope this is true....

Yes, he was absolutely brilliant in Walk The Line, and I was really hoping he'd get the Oscar for it. But that appearance on Letterman..... I dunno, some people are saying it's an act, some are saying he's drugged.... either way, it's just sad and awful. :slant:

I don't think it's an act. It would be hard for any actor to not crack up at some of Dave's jokes. He just didn't want to be there and didn't even care. I felt the worst for David Letterman who has to gets laughs to break the awkward feeling in the room. He was really trying and it just made the whole thing more awkward.

Anyone see this? It's from a new U2 article. Maybe a new album during the tour? :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom