Is this true?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
should add that we also all don't respect other peoples taste unless it is very similar to ours

I'm Ready said:
That we all think our individual taste of music is the best in the world

Yep.

should add that we also all don't respect other peoples taste unless it is very similar to ours

Nope. Unless, of course, the only thing other people listen to is rap. :wink: (Just kidding.)

whoa whoa

this is all news to me

you're telling me that everyone IS a critic?:wink:

my taste - and by that i mean FLAVOR - is the apparently the best. Ever.:drool:
at least that's what i've been told.:huh:

I'm Ready said:
That we all think our individual taste of music is the best in the world

Mine works for me. That's really all I care about. :)

dudeman said:
my taste - and by that i mean FLAVOR - is the apparently the best. Ever.:drool:
at least that's what i've been told.:huh:

You a vegan?

Yes of course I think mine is the best, but I respect everyone elses tastes unless it's rap.

But maybe I shouldn't talk about tastes 4 of my favourite 5 bands/artists are from the island of Ireland, U2,Aslan,Thin Lizzy, and Gary Moore :drool:

^ Same, some rap songs are quite good, but as a whole genre - I'm not really into it. Most of the bands I really like are quite similar (not the same though, like U2, Foo Fighters, Green Day, Muse, MCR etc) - and of course in my opinion my taste in music is the best! :wink:

LikeNoOneBefore said:
I like a little bit of everything (except country and rap...haha).

actually, i think that's the other common misconception we all have about our own music tastes. most people who spend a considerable amount of time listening to music not only think they have the best taste of all-time, they also think that they're incredibly diverse. i know i sure as hell do. but when i think it about, i mean really break it down, there are tons and tons of things i hate. my list of top albums of 2005 was primarily punk rock. not because that's the only thing i listened to, but because that's what i thought was the best out of everything i heard. i'm not really as diverse as i think, and i'm sure you're not either. no one actually is.

Yeah I agree with IWB.

Most people tend to think their tastes are 'eclectic' because they listen to Oasis and Guns N' Roses, because hey, one is American, one is British.

Hmmm....Well, I feel if someone thinks Bruce Springsteen is better than U2 then they deserve a punch in the face.

So I suppose the answer to the original question is 'Yes'.

;)

Lancemc said:
Hmmm....Well, I feel if someone thinks Bruce Springsteen is better than U2 then they deserve a punch in the face.

;)

that hurts

Lancemc said:

;)

you and i better never meet in person.

IWasBored said:

i'm not really as diverse as i think, and i'm sure you're not either. no one actually is.

I agree with you. Despite the fact that I listen to rock, classic rock, indie, post-punk, punk, trance, folk and classical (mainly baroque/classical/20th century), I still don't feel like I listen to a wide variety of music. There are so many genres out there that no one can really claim that they have a grasp on the full musical spectrum. It's impossible.

If I find someone who enjoys everything I like, plus pop, hip hop, rap, metal, blues, jazz, international music, disco, house, Latino, reggae, country, etc. and has the music collection to back it up, then I'll be impressed.

GibsonGirl said:

and has the music collection to back it up, then I'll be impressed.

yeah, that simple, general knowledge of the more mainstream parts of a particular genre just doesn't cut it.

Back
Top Bottom