is there a band that u love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rob Hirst & The Ghostwriters (Rob was the drummer in Midnight Oil)
Comet Gain
Calexico
Balcony
GANGgajang
The Go-Betweens
Biosphere
Big Wreck
Hem
The Lilys
!!!
Polyrock
Cinerama
The Clientele
Miranda Sex Garden
Allen Clapp
The Legendary Jim Ruiz Group (a Minnesota band I saw open up for Gavin Friday)
The Shebrews (side project of the previous band)
Shivaree (all most people have heard is 'Goodnight Moon', recently used on the soundtrack to KILL BILL VOL. 2)

Tons more. I'll dig some more out later.

Giant Steps by The Boos might be the best record ever. Music that is pure pop and insanely experimental at the same time. Radiohead should take notes.

Last edited:
Shade said:
Rob Hirst & The Ghostwriters (Rob was the drummer in Midnight Oil)
Comet Gain
Calexico
Balcony
GANGgajang
The Go-Betweens
Biosphere
Big Wreck
Hem
The Lilys
!!!
Polyrock
Cinerama
The Clientele
Miranda Sex Garden
Allen Clapp
The Legendary Jim Ruiz Group (a Minnesota band I saw open up for Gavin Friday)
The Shebrews (side project of the previous band)
Shivaree (all most people have heard is 'Goodnight Moon', recently used on the soundtrack to KILL BILL VOL. 2)

Tons more. I'll dig some more out later.

every college indie nerd and their mother has heard of !!!. hell, i even know how to pronounce their name.

:wink:

Blue Room said:
Rubyhorse, they are from Cork Ireland.

Some of you may have heard of them but most havent. I saw them in concert a year ago and they were great. Although I bought their CD and I dont think their recorded work captures how they are live as a band. :hmm: That reminds me of another band from Ireland when they were starting out.

My best friend is from Mountmellick, so Ive heard of a number of relatively obscure Irish bands. He keeps bitching about how they should open for U2 instead of the proposed Snow Patrol. (He's in the US now, of course. In the Air Force)

Hem (Brooklyn-based, sort of dreamy alt-country/pop)
Wally Pleasant (sort of a more sarcastic Weird Al, in a way, except he does all original songs--he's out of Michigan)
Mighty Fine Wine (local jam-type band, pretty good)
Barefoot (another band local to me--it's made up entirely of really Christian high school kids, but they're really good!)
Dar Williams (she's actually pretty well-known in folkie circles, but I don't think I'd ever heard anyone mention her here)
Lucy Kaplansky (same as Dar Williams)
Cry Cry Cry (a band that Dar Williams and Lucy Kaplansky were both in)

I put one of her songs on a mix CD for all my friends when we graduated from college--"You're Aging Well" from her first CD. I also have a live version of that song with a guest vocal from Joan Baez.

meegannie said:

I'm not basstrap or elvis. :sad:

loscil is alright, ive heard of some mentioned here, cant say im crazy about any of them though.

!!! for example, Me and Guiliani was a great single, but Louden up Now was dissapointing in comparison.

The bands I dig recently, and have exposed on my mp3 blog are....

UnCut
The Light Wires
Hayden
The Robot Ate Me
Hilltop Distillery
Forget Cassettes
Death from Above 1979
Now its overhead

Ok, iim sure you know a couple of those, ill hold the rest.....

tennispunk said:
I actually think it's "chick chick chick."

cheers to being a college radio nerd. I am --200 proof, baby. I was station manager last year. ok and i'm going to brag a bit: we were named best college radio station by Spin magazine. Spin blows, but that's kewl anyway.

Which station is that, exactly...? I have NO idea where you go to school, and I'm in Champaign for school all year...but am I right in thinking at DePaul has a really solid radio station? Is that the one, or am I laughably wrong? I read not the SPIN.... :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom