Is the forum worth a reasonable monthly or yearly fee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Would you be willing to spend $3/month OR $24/year (or similar) on this place?

• Yes

Votes: 47 53.4%
  • No

Votes: 41 46.6%

• Total voters
The Answer is NO

If there will be -pay- to- use- U2 interference forum , it will not live , even if it will , number of members will be much much less then now , remember the destiny of Napster ??????

Re: The Answer is NO

pinkfloyd said:
If there will be -pay- to- use- U2 interference forum , it will not live , even if it will , number of members will be much much less then now , remember the destiny of Napster ??????

Personally, I agree....
but why I'm replying is your napster comment. Napster died because of an injunction by the court. BMG could not find a way to make it feasible and profitable with the technology layer they were using... even if napster was ever revived.. it wouldnt be the napster we knew. Keep something in mind though, Napster was a music free for all - a black market of music. The model of Napster does not relate at all to the model of Feedback. And once again... I'm going to state... the LAST thing I ever want to happen here is that Feedback become a mandatory pay site. Donations are still coming in... keep'em coming.. we've got a goal to meet :)

Um.
I wont even have a dollar to my name till I get paid in about a week, but i can offer a nice incentive for those who do have the funds to contribute:

Any man who makes a contribution of at least $25 will receive an actual photograph of my tits absolutely FREE!!!!:kiss:

:macdevil: mua ha ha ha ha ha ha:macdevil:

Last edited:
Miss MacPhisto said:
Um.
I wont even have a dollar to my name till I get paid in about a week, but i can offer a nice incentive for those who do have the funds to contribute:

Any man who makes a contribution of at least $25 will receive an actual photograph of my tits absolutely FREE!!!!:kiss:

:macdevil: mua ha ha ha ha ha ha:macdevil:

*is scandalized*

:ohmy: :eek:

I'm with Mr & Mrs Wanderer on this. I've cut back on my time at Interference cos I've had to put in more effort into my work. Money is real tight for me this year; I've bought only one cd in the last 9 months which is a drastic thing for me. This is not a sob story; only to say that I will leave this place if payment is minotaur--I mean, mandatory.

Thanks,

foray

As i don't have time to read all the comments, so I'll just react with my gut, as usual:)
Words are inadequate to express what Interference has meant to me in the past couple of years. So I'll send some $$$instead, happily, graciously...more than words. Maybe my signature provides some clue.

So Elvis,as soon as I work out how , I will. I think the Australin dollar may be slightly, ever so slightly worth a few more UScents.
I tried to join a Bowie and Queen site when i first connected to the net and they had very expensive membership fees.

One thing.....the need to become ,for want of a better word, "flashier"? I just know how much electricity computers chew through , so as much as I love my "pics of bono" sometimes less is best. I don't know what I'm trying to say here....as usual:D
KIS? Keep It Simple

It's Official btw...I heard it on the radio news this morning..Australians per capita are the biggest producers of green house gas on the planet. I suspected that already...damn embarrassed , no ashamed, now IO.

asap Joel.:up:

Miss MacPhisto said:
Um.

*does a little dance :dance:

*sends address :yes:

Do you use FedEx? :sexywink:

Very typical of 4A and Wanderer.... shame...

foray said:
I'm with Mr & Mrs Wanderer on this. I've cut back on my time at Interference cos I've had to put in more effort into my work. Money is real tight for me this year; I've bought only one cd in the last 9 months which is a drastic thing for me. This is not a sob story; only to say that I will leave this place if payment is minotaur--I mean, mandatory.

Thanks,

foray

Most of us have gained quite a bit from this site: information, pictures, trades, CD's, various U2 items (or leads to such items), jokes, on-line friendships and even real-time friendships. As such, I don't believe his request for $$ to help maintain this site - an expense that he has mostly burdened entirely by himself - is unreasonable. While I realize Joel doesn't want to make payment mandatory, if he were to make us pay, this might weed out some of those who are using or have used this site rather heavily in the past (meaning, even if they don't use it that much now), but now bulk at the thought of "splurging" $3/month. To people like that, I say "good riddance."

Last edited:
Angel said:

People who have been here for two years voting NO. *I voted Yes. I would hate to see Interference lose members over this.

Not me! :macdevil:

I would love to see a few heavy users with tight wallets leave. IMO, this would IMPROVE Interference. :yes:

Mind you, if there are some people who truly would donate if they had the funds, but honestly cannot spare an extra penny, then those could be "forgiven" their membership dues or have other Interference members pay for them (from those who donate more than $24/year, for example). Here is an example of such a person:

Originally posted by Sula:
Interference has been my online home for a long time now, and I have donated, will continue to donate, etc. to help keep it running. However, in the next two years while I?m away with the Peace Corps, making minimum wage and having no net access, I?m not so sure if it would be feasible. Which would make me quite sad.

But for those who just say "no" or use the standard excuse that "money is tight" (it's tight for everyone - we aren't U2 here with millions of $$, we are just U2 fans ;)) then I think Interference might actually be better off without these members...

Last edited:
doctorwho said:

Not me! :macdevil:

I would love to see a few heavy users with tight wallets leave. IMO, this would IMPROVE Interference. :yes:

Mind you, if there are some people who truly would donate if they had the funds, but honestly cannot spare an extra penny, then those could be "forgiven" their membership dues or have other Interference members pay for them (from those who donate more than $24/year, for example). Here is an example of such a person:

But for those who just say "no" or use the standard excuse that "money is tight" (it's tight for everyone - we aren't U2 here with millions of $$, we are just U2 fans ;)) then I think Interference might actually be better off without these members... [/B]

I'm sure you're kidding by the above message. But in case you're not..

Interference would not be the same without anyone. This is a beautiful community and that's why we have set up the system of Donations - it's an "at your own will" situation.

No one has to donate, and absolutely no one will be excluded, banished, asked to leave because they cannot donate or chose to vote no. That would be like asking non-tithing church members to leave - and a church is made up of the people. So is Interference. :) :heart:

HelloAngel said:

No one has to donate, and absolutely no one will be excluded, banished, asked to leave because they cannot donate or chose to vote no. That would be like asking non-tithing church members to leave - and a church is made up of the people. So is Interference. :) :heart:

Oh sorry... off track thought.... "church of U2"

*shakes*

*runs!!!!

On another note, I'm looking for a group of people to 'brainstorm' ideas of how we can generate money to also help keep the site afloat and growing. If you're interested in becoming part of such a group please send an email to donate@interference.com. and put BRAINSTORM as the subject line.

Joel

I decided that I will continue to turn down $ from ALL the ppl that say they would PAY ME $ money to read my post s, ok?-jk;)
My charity spilleth over;)
Im never about the cake.:angry:

Seriously -
Keep up the good work, TeamInterference.:)

Diamond
:dance: :cool:

brainstorm

Elvis said:
On another note, I'm looking for a group of people to 'brainstorm' ideas of how we can generate money to also help keep the site afloat and growing.

i think we should pimp people out. i'll bet salami could bring in loads of cash.

:crack:

Re: Very typical of 4A and Wanderer.... shame...

doctorwho said:

Most of us have gained quite a bit from this site: information, pictures, trades, CD's, various U2 items (or leads to such items), jokes, on-line friendships and even real-time friendships. As such, I don't believe his request for $$ to help maintain this site - an expense that he has mostly burdened entirely by himself - is unreasonable. While I realize Joel doesn't want to make payment mandatory, if he were to make us pay, this might weed out some of those who are using or have used this site rather heavily in the past (meaning, even if they don't use it that much now), but now bulk at the thought of "splurging" $3/month. To people like that, I say "good riddance."

And i say "nice knowing you" to those who (despite this being about donations, so no one is obliged to give money) insist on pushing some sort of guilt feel upon those who didn't/won't pay for whatever reason.

And what does it matter whether frequent posters or lurkers donate? Besides, doesn't it make sense that if people have second thoughts now, they will be even less likely to stick around should this become a pay site?

Re: if I had a brain it would be storming here

Screaming Flower said:

i think we should pimp people out. i'll bet salami could bring in loads of cash.

:crack:
I've just unbuttonned the top of my shirt
so far no clients

Re: Very typical of 4A and Wanderer.... shame...

doctorwho said:

ok, first things first, helloangel, your apology is definately accepted and water under the bridge. thank you.

as for doctorwho, your elitist attitude is nothing new, but the next time you want to take a jab at people who dont agree with you on this issue, particularly foray and wanderer, please make sure you include me too, so that i may feel your wrath as well.

truly even you, in hind-sight can realize the stupidity of putting down people who put their thoughts down for everyone to see? there was nothing arrogant or pushy with what they said, so what makes you act the way you do towards them?

and how exactly is the response "typical" of foray and wanderer?

do you even know foray AT ALL?

please, follow helloangel's lead and take the road of tact. thank you.

Re: Re: Very typical of 4A and Wanderer.... shame...

Zoomerang96 said:

ok, first things first, helloangel, your apology is definately accepted and water under the bridge. thank you.

as for doctorwho, your elitist attitude is nothing new, but the next time you want to take a jab at people who dont agree with you on this issue, particularly foray and wanderer, please make sure you include me too, so that i may feel your wrath as well.

truly even you, in hind-sight can realize the stupidity of putting down people who put their thoughts down for everyone to see? there was nothing arrogant or pushy with what they said, so what makes you act the way you do towards them?

and how exactly is the response "typical" of foray and wanderer?

do you even know foray AT ALL?

please, follow helloangel's lead and take the road of tact. thank you.
uh oh-
calling out a Mod=un- sexy:sexywink: :dance: :dance: :cool: :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom