Is it possible to burn onto a disk from an internet live stream/radio station?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
If somebody could help me in this department I would be so happy- what I want to do is record onto a cd a show that is being played on a local Australian radio station- now I would tape it myself from my stereo- the only catch being that I have just moved and at my new place I cant pick up this station clearly---buuuut they do stream live on the internet and I get this very clearly so is it possible to do what I want to do and if it is how?????????
smile.gif

Not too easily. I think there is a program called total recorder or something (and maybe some others with different names that serve the same function) and it will record all the sound coming from your soundcard no matter what the source, and then you could save that as a .wav file and burn it to a CD.. that's all I really know, i've never tried it myself or anything.

I do not advocate this, due to the illegality of it in some nations (Australia may not be one of them, though). There is a program called StreamBox VCR, which records RealMedia / Windows Media streams onto your computer. The downside is that you cannot listen to what you are recording, and you'd better have a good connection, because it will only record what you receive--much like an actual VCR.

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy

Back
Top Bottom