is everyone ready for... Snakes, on a Plane!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For anyone interested, salon.com has a whole "snakes" theme going on today including stories about pythons eating alligators in florida and a review of the movie. :huh:

Oh my god guys.

Oh my god.

it was the single greatest experience i've had at a movie ever.

Everyone was laughing, cheering, gasping, and it became a classic right when the first snake bit the first person.

(that body part would hurt so badly)

Diane L said:
I've read that the audience in the theater makes all the difference...like someone at Rotten Tomatoes said, this just might be the new Rocky Horror Show, audience participation favorite!

that might be a bit much

I did enjoy it
my theater was not very full

I had not seen the music vid
at the credits before, its pretty good, too

"That is I am sick of the motha fuckin snakes on the motha fuckin plane!!!" Sam Jackson should be the only person to use the word Fuck!

Great movie. Co-workers and there friends and there friends (about 300 of us) rented out a screening room and had unlimed beer and other alchohalic beverages!!

will it make it down here to Chile?... I really hope so... :sad:

I'm already making everyone realize what a JEWEL this movie is... hyping the hell out of it :hyper:

Diane L said:
I've read that the audience in the theater makes all the difference...like someone at Rotten Tomatoes said, this just might be the new Rocky Horror Show, audience participation favorite!
There was almost no one in my theatre seeing it.
One dude behind my friend and I, and two people in the back, probably making out.

But I guess in the end 2 friends can make a damn good theatre atmosphere.
Maybe not for the guy behind us, though.
Kicked our seats all the way through. :madspit:

Bug said:
There was almost no one in my theatre seeing it.
One dude behind my friend and I, and two people in the back, probably making out.

But I guess in the end 2 friends can make a damn good theatre atmosphere.
Maybe not for the guy behind us, though.
Kicked our seats all the way through. :madspit:

i saw the movie yesterday, it was better than i expected. of course i love samuel l. jackson too.

there was only about 12 or so people in the theater since it was the noon showing on a friday afternoon. i kinda wish i'd seen it later in a fuller theater, i love audience participation in a full theater on opening day.

but even with only 12 people in the theater there were still shreeks during the movie and a few cheers at the end.

Diane L said:

My friends and I saw it today. On the theater door was a sign saying, "Snakes On A Plane is an interactive movie. Be prepared for noise."

Great, I thought! That's what I hoped for. So we start watching the movie, and it's not like we're loud or calling stuff out to the screen, but we are joking and laughing about the movie amongst ourselves. Other people were too - the sign said we could. Then some other guy told us to "shut up" :(.

Firstly - dude, I'm so sorry we distracted you from the plot of Snakes On A Plane :rolleyes:. Like my friend said, "It's not like it was Schindler's List."

Secondly - Did he not read the sign?!?!?! I don't normally talk through movies at all, but it had a sign! :sigh:

Only about 15 people in the theater, but we saw it at 1:00 p.m. We should have seen it at night with a better audience.

So thank you, big stupid guy, for messing up my first chance at enjoying those motherfuckin' snakes :(.

I'm glad the movie was R, they were able to do so much more with the muthafuckin' snakes.

It's not going to do well in theaters, it only made about 6 mil on Friday.

So they made the film they wanted and it will be HUGE on DVD, plus an "Unrated" DVD will make boatloads of cash.

Good job New Line Cinema, good job indeed.

(without reading the other replies)

I imagine this movie will be the new "Rocky Horror Picture Show".

I especially love the line: "I've had enough of these MUTHA**** snakes on this MUTHA***** plane".

That's in a class with "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damm".

Can't WAIT to see this MUTHA**** movie......lol.

*slithers out of thread*

I liked it but it was far too self-aware of being a bad movie. The real so bad they're good cult classics come from directors and actors who actually believe they're making something profound and important. Take Plan 9 from Outer Space, for example. Or Oliver Stone's Alexander :wink:

Last edited:
One of my friends watched it on opening night and loved the movie so much she dragged me to see it last night. The theatre packed with loud frat guys fully armed with rubber snakes. At one point it was hard to see the screen because everyone was throwing snakes everywhere. It was tons of fun. I don't think I would've enjoyed the movie if I had seen it with a small or quiet audience. Everyone counted down with the timer when it was shown. Three seconds before they snakes were unleashed everyone yelled "3, 2, 1... snaaakes!" And SLJ's famed line got a huge reaction as expected.

It's definitely an absurdly bad movie that knows it's bad and has fun with it. The ridiculous snake attacks and crowd's reactions to them was the best part.

Queen Bee said:
One of my friends watched it on opening night and loved the movie so much she dragged me to see it last night. The theatre packed with loud frat guys fully armed with rubber snakes. At one point it was hard to see the screen because everyone was throwing snakes everywhere. It was tons of fun. I don't think I would've enjoyed the movie if I had seen it with a small or quiet audience. Everyone counted down with the timer when it was shown. Three seconds before they snakes were unleashed everyone yelled "3, 2, 1... snaaakes!" And SLJ's famed line got a huge reaction as expected.

It's definitely an absurdly bad movie that knows it's bad and has fun with it. The ridiculous snake attacks and crowd's reactions to them was the best part.

"Get this snake off my dick!"

:love:

Did anyone notice that Sam Jackson shot one of the Asian baddies in the scrotum at the very beginning of the movie?

I almost missed it.

Best Worst Movie of '06 :love:

Samantha Bee just did a hilarious SoaP-inspired piece on the Daily Show. Youtubage when it becomes available, I'm sure.

It included a cameo by Sammy L.

inmyplace13 said:
Samantha Bee just did a hilarious SoaP-inspired piece on the Daily Show. Youtubage when it becomes available, I'm sure.

It included a cameo by Sammy L.

:lol:

I just caught it, probably the greatest use of SLJ everr.

I just saw on the news that somebody released a couple of rattlesnakes in a theater where this movie was showing. :huh:

Queen Bee said:

I wish I could have seen it with your audience :yes:.

I finally found people willing to go with me to see it. Booyah! :drool:

Back
Top Bottom